Ja’Wuan James to Broncos

Wow!  Offensive linemen are getting silly money this free agency...

I believe that makes James the highest paid RT in the NFL by a fair margin. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/right-tackle/

There’s only 1 other RT that’s even closed this is a complete list. 

Hes good, but man that seems like a ton of money for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

The most interestimg thing is that both tackle signings today were for only 4years. I thought the Bills would have to go five years for Williams. So while the average per year is going up on all of these guys, the years aren't. I think Williams is going to get 4/60 mil. now.

Of the tackles, James and Williams were/are the ones that I was hoping for....actually they were first on my list.  I have a feeling Williams will be coming here.  Saffold would also be nice ….I still want Suh also (sorry).... for the right price...I think he would be a great fit....attitude, antics, temperament and all.

Edited by Magnum Force

Both the contracts the Broncos threw out today were crazy. They obviously had specific targets and threw out silly money to ensure they got them. Pretty much screw balling over everyone else in the tackle and safety markets. 

4 minutes ago, phillyguy1 said:

The most interestimg thing is that both tackle signings today were for only 4years. I thought the Bills would have to go five years for Williams. So while the average per year is going up on all of these guys, the years aren't. I think Williams is going to get 4/60 mil. now.

i dont think williams will get that kind of money, maybe 4/40.

If we can land one more solid offensive guard or tackle that allows us to go best player available at 9.  It would put Hockenson, Metcalf, or a D-tackle in play at 9.  If we can't grab another O-lineman in free agency, I think we should go O-line at 9.  We need to put an solid O-line in front of Allen.  I hope we can grab another free agent O-lineman and have more flexibility at 9

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

i dont think williams will get that kind of money, maybe 4/40.

Just look at demand for tackles the last couple years. No one thought Ricky Wagner would get the contract he got last year. Then you saw teams trade up in the first round for Mcglinchy and Miller. Now today, Brown got  16 Mil. per year and James 13 mil.  As much as I'd like to say we get him for 10MIl. per year. The market is saying something different.

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If we can land one more solid offensive guard or tackle that allows us to go best player available at 9.  It would put Hockenson, Metcalf, or a D-tackle in play at 9.  If we can't grab another O-lineman in free agency, I think we should go O-line at 9.  We need to put an solid O-line in front of Allen.  I hope we can grab another free agent O-lineman and have more flexibility at 9

I agree but if the ol we sign isn't a tackle. We almost have to go that way.

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wow!  Offensive linemen are getting silly money this free agency...

I believe that makes James the highest paid RT in the NFL by a fair margin. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/right-tackle/

There’s only 1 other RT that’s even closed this is a complete list. 

Hes good, but man that seems like a ton of money for him. 

Cap goes up $10M a year, almost every year. Salaries go up with it.