Colts sign WR Devin Funchess

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Hopefully it does

Why did the chargers draft Mike Williams at 8 overall when they had Keenan Allen and this guy just had a good season and they had Travis Benjamin? Obviously they didn’t think much of him. And to pay him premium money....

Edited by ChanticleerBillsFan

15 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

To be fair that’s with incentives. We don’t know what the base is yet.

I bet Buffalo hands out a worse contract by the end of this. 

The base is 10 million and 3 million in incentives. Still waaay over pay for a receiver with the dropsies like he has. So glad the Bills weren't the ones who signed him. 

22 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I'd have no problem signing Williams to a relatively big deal in the 4 year/50 mil range. We have GOT to get better at receiver and quickly. There are no guarantees in the draft and Williams is the best available receiver.

All true. He's been my #1 FA WR target all winter. A 4/50 would be very reasonable. Stay tuned....

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Why did the chargers draft Mike Williams at 8 overall when they had Keenan Allen and this guy just had a good season and they had Travis Benjamin? Obviously they didn’t think much of him. And to pay him premium money....

They actually do like Tyrell Williams quite a bit, but he wants a bigger role and they can’t pay him what he wants 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They actually do like Tyrell Williams quite a bit, but he wants a bigger role and they can’t pay him what he wants 

That’s not what I’m saying. You have Keenan Allen, a Travis Benjamin and a breakout year Tyrell Williams and take Mike Williams 8 overall? Why? Because you don’t think that much of him

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

I believe he led the league in dropped passes.

Well - league leaders should be handsomely compensated.

1 hour ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I'd have no problem signing Williams to a relatively big deal in the 4 year/50 mil range. We have GOT to get better at receiver and quickly. There are no guarantees in the draft and Williams is the best available receiver.

Man - I hope this isn't how our front office operates.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

To be fair that’s with incentives. We don’t know what the base is yet.

I bet Buffalo hands out a worse contract by the end of this. 

Why? I mean - why??

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Well - league leaders should be handsomely compensated.

Man - I hope this isn't how our front office operates.

Why? I mean - why??

Funchess is an overpay, but a one year deal of an overpay isn’t a big deal. There’s some serious potential for Buffalo to hand out a deal like this, but 4 years instead of 1.

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Funchess is an overpay, but a one year deal of an overpay isn’t a big deal. There’s some serious potential for Buffalo to hand out a deal like this, but 4 years instead of 1.

No different than any other team? Tis the season to overspend. Look at just about any deal cut today. Unofficially, of course.

Just now, inaugural balls said:

No different than any other team? Tis the season to overspend. Look at just about any deal cut today. Unofficially, of course.

Correct. There’s been multiple deals already today worse than the Funchess one. That’s my point. It’s not really that bad because if it’s doesnt work out, he’s gone in a year anyways. Like the Jags for example just worked their asses off to clear cap space and now they’re screwed for at least 2 or 3 years lol

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Funchess gotta' be kicking $5M back to Irsay somehow.

The Colts are in trouble with the NFLPA for spending far below the 89% rule.............I know in biz certain deals are done to inflate expenses for certain purposes and involve kickbacks so I am just going to assume that Funchess agent will be investing in a yacht and leasing it to Mr. Irsay for like $3/month.:flirt:

Edited by BADOLBILZ