C Mitch Morse (Chiefs) to the Bills

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills projected to have 130 mill in cap space next year so I’m expecting to see some big numbers in year 2 with some of these larger deals 

...and again heavy on the front end, I suppose. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't think anyone has question Terry's willingness to spend, or his genuine desire to win.

It's if he know what he is doing or not. He has a pretty bad track record with both teams. 

Sabres yes. Bills...the team made the playoffs in just his 3rd full season of ownership.  So no. 

Not worried about the guy's health.   Concussions get the royal lawyer treatment these days, and he came back and played fine.   You don't see center's leaving football because of concussions like you do running backs, LB's, etc.

Foot injury isn't a recurring type.   Now we have an athletic center, let's draft an LT in the first to compete with Dawk in camp.   Loser goes to RT or in Dawk's case he plays guard which is his body type anyway. 

Morse is a premier player at a very important position, this is a huge help to Allen. This was a very good signing, and the type of move that could help lure other FAs to sign with the Bills

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billspro said:

If they end up with two of the top olineman it will be a very successful FA period. This signing was crucial. Everyone can breath a sigh of relief.

Mike Leach, the great ‘QB Whisperer’ has always maintained, it all starts with the O-line.

If we’re somehow able to reel in D. Williams at RT, the O-line is almost complete.  Just need a LT.

Great day for the BILLSSS!!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! ?

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Allen will get 110 of it after he wins regular season MVP and SB MVP.

?

Josh comes off as the type of guy that may be willing to do a team-friendly deal with us IMO. He wanted to get to camp and didn't care about offset language like Darnold. He regularly mentions how he idolizes Brady, and everyone is aware of his team-oriented mindset and how he didn't sign for lucrative contracts (it helps being a trophy husband to Gisele). It's obvious Josh loves the area and wants to stay here if things work out, too.

All this is a moot point for the next 3-4 years, though, but this crossed my mind and felt like sharing.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Patriots pimp slapped that buttery soft KC defense

I do worry about his health especially the concussions, for his sake and the team's.

The Spencer signing makes more sense now if Beans was thinking he would provide decent quality insurance for Paradis or Morse - especially once (if) his hand fully healed.

Morse's ankle seemed to require some screws to support it over rehab, but those were removed and he was cleared to play.

Well he is probably no fan of the Patriots.

The blind side hit that put him in concussion protocol - gotta say that Hightower is a beast because he just decleated a 300+ man and it looked too easy.

Edited by WideNine
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I do worry about his health especially the concussions, for his sake and the team's.

The Spencer signing makes more sense now if Beans was thinking he would provide decent quality insurance for Paradis or Morse - especially once (if) his hand fully healed.

Morse's ankle seemed to require some screws to support it over rehab, but those were removed and he was cleared yo play.

Well he is certain no fan of the Patriots.

The blind side hit that put him in concussion protocol - gotta say that Hightower is a beast because he just decleated a 300+ man and it looked too easy.

I would not give Hightower too much credit, Morse was getting taken out low by Clayborn as he was sliding for the tackle. Also that's a dirty hit from Hightower. F him. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I would not give Hightower too much credit, Morse was getting taken out low by Clayborn as he was sliding for the tackle. Also that's a dirty hit from Hightower. F him. 

NE is sneaky good at those borderline kind of hits that take out good players.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

This is what I like.

Theyre using the space now to bring the guys in, pay them early, and if it doesn’t work out it won’t be a crazy amount of dead cap. 

The 4 year deal also sets them up to be able to draft someone next year or the year after to coach up for depth or to take over year 4 on a rookie contract if things do not pan out.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

The 4 year deal also sets them up to be able to draft someone next year or the year after to coach up for depth or to take over year 4 on a rookie contract if things don't not pan out.

Agreed. The whole point is not to sign guys to monster cap-eating deals, it's to sign solid starters with outs in their contracts and draft their replacements without a crazy sense of urgency.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Love it! Now give me either Saffold and Williams and then a serviceable third. (Williams and TJ Lang would be nice.)

If we sign Saffold/Williams that means we go BA in 1st round and take lineman at some point to groom.

If we don't address LT then Beane is thinking draft.

Edited by dezertbill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

My favorite part of those videos posted up thread was how he would peel off on screens to demolish chasers. He definitely looks for work. Even the freak play that caused a concussion was him reengaging a rusher from what I could tell. 

• Like (+1) 1