C Mitch Morse (Chiefs) to the Bills

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

No. Not at all. Especially with Eichel out. Make sure the contract is signed and there's no way out of it before he gets to arena. 

Well the Sabres took another huge dump tonight. Yippee. Shutout three games in a row now.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well the Sabres took another huge dump tonight. Yippee. Shutout three games in a row now.

Phil's odds to be gone have went way up.  They may not do it this year, because it's so late(unfair to new coach), but I think they start their search now if they hadn't already.  

As for Morse, why I came here in the first place, I didn't see any of his concussions, but he seems to play pretty upright.  Hard to believe he got three playing that way.  If I find them, and figure out how to post them for you, I will.  

8 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Phil's odds to be gone have went way up.  They may not do it this year, because it's so late(unfair to new coach), but I think they start their search now if they hadn't already.  

As for Morse, why I came here in the first place, I didn't see any of his concussions, but he seems to play pretty upright.  Hard to believe he got three playing that way.  If I find them, and figure out how to post them for you, I will.  

Team has quit on him. Sad. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Any word if morse made it there? 

You're kind of making a good underlying point here.  As part of the culture, it's good to bring these young guys(and soon to be rookies)  into what our community is all about.  Them seeing how the veterans handle and enjoy themselves in this environment may be important in how they view/handle a situation that may be foreign to them esp for the rookies.  The most understated point about Morse right now is can he be Eric Wood?  I think he'll be better on the field, but what he's worth off the field can't be under stated.

27 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Any word if morse made it there? 

I sure hope not 

7 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You're kind of making a good underlying point here.  As part of the culture, it's good to bring these young guys(and soon to be rookies)  into what our community is all about.  Them seeing how the veterans handle and enjoy themselves in this environment may be important in how they view/handle a situation that may be foreign to them esp for the rookies.  The most understated point about Morse right now is can he be Eric Wood?  I think he'll be better on the field, but what he's worth off the field can't be under stated.

I think Wood is the type of guy who would give him a call, take him out for a beer when he’s in town, or even have him on his new podcast. I think he would do anything he could to help him be successful in Bflo. Wood is just a class dude.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I sure hope not 

I think Wood is the type of guy who would give him a call, take him out for a beer when he’s in town, or even have him on his new podcast. I think he would do anything he could to help him be successful in Bflo. Wood is just a class dude.

To help him become the next 'Eric Wood' in the locker room.  People need to understand we're building a culture.  Guys like Zo, Anderson, and Gore are priceless right now.  We will draft a QB and RB later, but way these guys learn to be pro's comes from a series of pro's.  OMG, I'm watching Shady and Frank Gore laying praises to Thurman Thomas.  Kinda like, "hey kid, you wanna be the next car on this train, I can show ya how we did it.  Up to you to try your best" mentality.  

Edited by daz28

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

To help him become the next 'Eric Wood' in the locker room.  People need to understand we're building a culture.  Guys like Zo, Anderson, and Gore are priceless right now.  We will draft a QB and RB later, but way these guys learn to be pro's comes from a series of pro's.  OMG, I'm watching Shady and Frank Gore laying praises to Thurman Thomas.  

I have heard them both in past saying they watched film of Thurman to improve their game.  They admired Barry Sanders but never tried to emulate him.

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I have heard them both in past saying they watched film of Thurman to improve their game.  They admired Barry Sanders but never tried to emulate him.

Thurman did so much more on the field than Emmit, but Emmit will always be considered the better runner.  We're gonna see the same thing with Mathhews/Eichel.  To think 1 SB could have even put Kelly/Marino to bed for good. Sorry Emmitt spelling.  Been a while. lol

Edited by daz28

12 hours ago, daz28 said:

Thurman did so much more on the field than Emmit, but Emmit will always be considered the better runner.  We're gonna see the same thing with Mathhews/Eichel.  To think 1 SB could have even put Kelly/Marino to bed for good. Sorry Emmitt spelling.  Been a while. lol

Emmitt Smith was a better actor than Thurman, nothing else.  He'd keep having "injuries" in game at opportune times giving the Cowpokes a break.  Announcers would talk like he may not be playing for rest of game and then in a few plays there would be a "miracle" and he would play again.

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif

billsb_logo.gif Bills sign C Mitch Morse (4 years, $44 million): B- Grade 
This may seem like a ton of money for a center, especially one with a history of durability issues, but the Bills absolutely had to improve their offensive line this offseason. Mitch Morse was the second-best center on the market, so he should provide a huge boost for the Bills, who needed to give Josh Allen as much good protection as possible in order to develop him properly. 

This has the potential to be a great signing. Morse is very talented, and he's also young; he turns 27 next month. If he can stay healthy, he'll have a bright future ahead of him. That could be an issue, however, as Morse has missed 14 games in the past two seasons, so I can't grade this signing too favorably. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz5iFuZM9NQ

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#PopJP9iFZSK9p4pd.99

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif

billsb_logo.gif Bills sign C Mitch Morse (4 years, $44 million): B- Grade 
This may seem like a ton of money for a center, especially one with a history of durability issues, but the Bills absolutely had to improve their offensive line this offseason. Mitch Morse was the second-best center on the market, so he should provide a huge boost for the Bills, who needed to give Josh Allen as much good protection as possible in order to develop him properly. 

This has the potential to be a great signing. Morse is very talented, and he's also young; he turns 27 next month. If he can stay healthy, he'll have a bright future ahead of him. That could be an issue, however, as Morse has missed 14 games in the past two seasons, so I can't grade this signing too favorably. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz5iFuZM9NQ

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#PopJP9iFZSK9p4pd.99

Walter Football though? There's so many better sites for information

Hopefully the running game should drastically improve from last season with the new big guys up front. This alone will be a huge help for Allen, then sprinkle in the additions at WR and with the draft, I am really, really looking forward to this upcoming season.

I passed on Sunday ticket last season but looks like I will be getting it back this year.