TE Tyler Kroft (Bengals) to the Bills

sven233

From his bio it states he gets overpowered a lot on the line & isn't really the type to adjust to a poorly thrown ball. I just wonder how that factors into our team & with Allen, given how his accuracy isnt currently the best & needs better pass protection. Doesn't seem like a great fit if thats true imo. But suppose time will tell

1 minute ago, XABI64 said:

thats exactly my point

we have money but it doesn't mean much when all the top FA pick other destinations, hence why we must overpay for whoever we want which means bragging about our high cap space compared to the other teams is virtually meaningless. 

Who's bragging about our cap space? 

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Lol @ everyone saying he's not that good and being overpaid. Have you guys not learned yet that beane is very very good and finding underrated guys? That's not to say EVERY guy he signs is great, but we have many examples of guys who we thought would do nothing and have proven the opposite 

Who are all the guys Beane has brought in as trades or FA's "who we thought would do nothing and have proven the opposite"?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not sure why people are so upset by this.  Solid signing, I mean we are 6 hours into FA and some absurd contracts have been handed out and people are mad because Bills didn’t sign a bunch over paid players to bad contracts?

Relax.  

Not upset at all, just underwhelmed at this point, BUT as you say it’s very, very early. I am not pissed yet at all.

8 minutes ago, stony said:

I just looked at his stats, Yolo.  It might be a reach to call him a pass catcher.  

Either way, this kind of signing doesn't bother me.  Big target, hopefully can block.  Money seems high, but god knows there's a boatload to be spent.  

Look at his stats from when he actually played. He had more TDs in the one season he started than Clay had in the last 3. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

Not upset at all, just underwhelmed at this point, BUT as you say it’s very, very early. I am not pissed yet at all.

To each their own, but this has been set up as classic Bills.  "We tried to get Antonio Brown, Matt Paradis, Daryl Williams, Frank Clark, Trey Flowers but here's Tyler Kroft and Spencer Long, buy your season tickets now!"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Big boy. Anyone know if he’s a decent blocker?

29 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

Wonder how he blocks

He has been pretty good at it in his career so far. Bengals used him more as a blocking TE (900ish snaps) vs a passing TE (650ish snaps). 

Hopefully he shows that 2017 pass catching ability for this piece tag though. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s the starter. Rookie TEs rarely come right in and start.

Ironically he started 6 games as a rookie.   One of injuries occurred in pro-bowl and he vowed to never go again.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/23170/injured-tyler-eifert-has-no-plans-of-playing-in-pro-bowl-again

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

To each their own, but this has been set up as classic Bills.  "We tried to get Antonio Brown, Matt Paradis, Daryl Williams, Frank Clark, Trey Flowers but here's Tyler Kroft and Spencer Long, buy your season tickets now!"

Oh yes i agree if it goes like that, yet again, i will be thoroughly disappointed and thoroughly unsurprised.