TE Tyler Kroft (Bengals) to the Bills

sven233

2 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

So this is what 70+ mill in cap space gets you

Every year I forget how irritating Bills fans are during free agency.

We're only a few hours into day one of the tampering period, but I've already been reminded many times over.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, XABI64 said:

there really isn't a "boatload" to be spent. if we want top guys here Beane has to overpay, simple as. 

we aren't a top destination 

We have tons of $$$$$. 

There's just a lot of other teams that have a boatload, too.  

Just now, Logic said:

Bills needed to sign a veteran tight end regardless.

Only Jason Croom on the roster, and he's more of a "move" tight end. 

Can't just draft two rookies and expect everything to be okay. TE is a position that often takes a season or two to acclimate to NFL.

I still expect them to draft a rookie on day 2.

This is where I’m at. He’s a guy like James or Allen or Boyle. Needed a vet of some sort.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Needed a starting TE. Got a starting TE. People wanted Gronk but there are almost no players like that at TE, and none were free agents. There are maybe 3 impact TEs in the entire league. The rest are a legion of similar guys. Bills got one of those, which is fine. 

One less high priority for the draft. 

?

Not sure why people are so upset by this.  Solid signing, I mean we are 6 hours into FA and some absurd contracts have been handed out and people are mad because Bills didn’t sign a bunch over paid players to bad contracts?

Relax.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stony said:

We have tons of $$$$$. 

There's just a lot of other teams that have a boatload, too.  

thats exactly my point

we have money but it doesn't mean much when all the top FA pick other destinations, hence why we must overpay for whoever we want which means bragging about our high cap space compared to the other teams is virtually meaningless. 

20 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And here we go.  Whine that they haven't signed anyone earlier today, then whine when they do.  Some of you should trade your Bills gear in.  

Fans that spend a lot of cash and time on the Bills should be allowed to be critical of the team's decisions without losing their status as fans.  

Injuries are a fact of life in the NFL.  I hope he can stay healthy.  If he can, he's a good and complete tight end.  Buffalo still has room to draft one, but it's not going to be Hockenson or Fant. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

4 catches for 36 yards in 5 games last season ?‍♂️

Lol he had Tyler Eifert playing ahead of him. 

Along with AJ Green, Mixon, Bernard, and Boyd.. Hard to get catches ahead of all those guys 

• Like (+1) 1