TE Tyler Kroft (Bengals) to the Bills

sven233

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

Poyer? Hyde? And it's not just about f/a or trades. It's that as well as the draft and any un drafted free agents. It's the whole picture. I'm not saying every guy he signs is gonna be a hof'er, but that they have a pretty good track record minus a few players 

Poyer and Hyde were signed before Beane was hired.

14 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Why don't fans understand that with the cap space jumping up, players will be paid more?  Obviously deals are going to be very inflated this year but that will continue to rise if the cap keeps going up.  

Fully understand that. Just dont like this guy for the price. Would have preferred the guy the Bengals kept over him who they paid the same or less.

• $6.3M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2019 roster bonus + 2019 salary)
  • 2019 Roster Bonus: $2.1M (guaranteed, paid 3/15/2019)
  • $2M of 2020 salary fully guarantees on the 5th league day of 2020 (guaranteed for injury now)
  • 2020 Roster Bonus: $750,000 (due the 5th league day of 2020)
  • 2021 Roster Bonus: $750,000 (due the 5th league day of 2021)
  • Per Game Active Bonus: $31,250 ($500,000, 5 LTBE in 2019)
  • Workout Bonus: $100,000

Reads like three, 1 year contracts.  for about 7M a year.  Front loaded.

Not bad

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• SDS changed the title to TE Tyler Kroft (Bengals) to the Bills
  • SDS pinned this topic

Kroft and Uzomah each got about 6M per. Eifert will certainly get more.

I seriously doubt the Bengals TEs were supposed the be the most stacked TE group in the league.. but whatever. Kroft can block well, and we got our safety valve in Beasley in case JA doesn't like using Kroft as his safety pass or the seam routes. I didn't want to invest too much in TE not knowing if JA would utilize it. Their routes and usage are very dependent on QB preference.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

Looks like another guy who’s had trouble staying on the field. Individually, all these signings feel super expensive for what we’re getting though I guess that’s just free agency for ya. That said, none of them are cap killers (so far). FA always scares the ***** out of me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Now draft Irv Smith Jr. in the 2nd and we are all set at TE. Smith played at 'Bama so Daboll would love that pick. Kroft is not known as a strong blocker, but Smith is an exceptional blocker and route runner with soft hands. Doesn't have a 2nd gear, but still can run by LB's well enough. If we took Oliver in the 1st too, it would be a great draft.

10 hours ago, Chris farley said:
  • $6.3M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2019 roster bonus + 2019 salary)
  • 2019 Roster Bonus: $2.1M (guaranteed, paid 3/15/2019)
  • $2M of 2020 salary fully guarantees on the 5th league day of 2020 (guaranteed for injury now)
  • 2020 Roster Bonus: $750,000 (due the 5th league day of 2020)
  • 2021 Roster Bonus: $750,000 (due the 5th league day of 2021)
  • Per Game Active Bonus: $31,250 ($500,000, 5 LTBE in 2019)
  • Workout Bonus: $100,000

Reads like three, 1 year contracts.  for about 7M a year.  Front loaded.

Not bad

Bean and Co. are putting together some great contracts.

• Like (+1) 1