TE Tyler Kroft (Bengals) to the Bills

sven233

Just now, NoSaint said:

I caught the extra posts with more details immediately on hitting submit and deleted. You are quick 

Just happened to jump in here as you posted and still had the tab open from a few mins ago when I saw it linked on Twitter

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And for me. I think Kroft is slightly better. But they are the same bracket as players. Good #2 TEs. 

And in case people think I am just being homerish my view that Tyler Kroft should be our FA TE target is widely available on these forums. Search my name and Kroft and you will find plenty if threads where I said it.

Yep you were on Kroft from the beginning. I appreciate your analysis. 

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

This guy stinks.     Beane should have went after Jared Cook 

No way does he stink.  He's got natural catching hands and decent speed.  He catches and turns up field quickly.  We may have found a nice piece to the puzzle.

6 hours ago, sven233 said:

NFL Update @MySportsUpdate 15s15 seconds ago

#Bills are signing former #Bengals TE Tyler Kroft to a 3-year deal, per his agent.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

The #Bills have agreed to terms with TE Tyler Kroft on a 3-year deal worth $18.75M ($6.25M per year), source said. It can be worth $21M.

My question is they hosted Allen first and he signed 2 years $7 million with Dolphins, and then they bring this guy in and pay him 3 year $18.75 mil?  

Wasn't Allen the cheaper option?

9 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

My question is they hosted Allen first and he signed 2 years $7 million with Dolphins, and then they bring this guy in and pay him 3 year $18.75 mil?  

Just because they hosted him doesn't mean they offered him.....

13 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

Allen and Kroft are completely different TE's in terms of skills and how they're used.  My best guess is they weren't, well we didn't get Allen so get Kroft.   I think they'll find a blocking TE for the roll they investigated Allen for.

14 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

It’s like overpaying for a slower Scott chandler. 

I loved Scott Chandler. His snow shovel TD celebration is still one of my favs.. ? Clay was supposed to be an upgrade, but we never saw it unfortunately..

edit: Kroft also had a faster 40 coming out of college then Chandler btw

Edited by badassgixxer05