TE Tyler Kroft (Bengals) to the Bills

sven233

The front office likes guys with upside that have been injured recently which gets them a discount. The upside of that model is Jordan Poyer, the downside is Trent Murphy. As usual I'll wait for the guaranteed money before judging it.

All quiet on the offensive line front. I think our biggest spending will go there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is more complete. Can do more things, is a better route runner. James is an overrated product of his offense. 

EDIT: I don't think either are a #1. I think Kroft is a slightly more well rounded #2. 

Couldn’t you same similar things about Kroft?  He would have a lot of open field to work with a guy like Green pulling coverages and he has averaged less than 10 ypc, which is kinda terrible.

$6/ million for a guy like this, with little upside, seems questionable. 

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Poyer? Hyde? And it's not just about f/a or trades. It's that as well as the draft and any un drafted free agents. It's the whole picture. I'm not saying every guy he signs is gonna be a hof'er, but that they have a pretty good track record minus a few players 

Beane was not the GM when Poyer and Hyde were signed.  

27 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I like this quote:

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/26220/its-a-stressful-time-for-many-first-time-nfl-free-agents

"Free agency in football is a process that allows B-plus players to get A-plus contracts," said longtime player agent Leigh Steinberg. "The best players, the real superstars in the league, either have their contracts extended before they become free agents or they get franchised. The players that are out on the market are the ones the teams have decided they can live without. It doesn't mean they're not good. But the auction mentality, having multiple offers, always drives the price up."

And what does that say about the handful of comp pick destroyers we’ll be signing in 2 weeks? Does the unwanted unwanteds mean their wanted?

53 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yeah I heard AJ Green is demanding a trade to the Bills now 

Obviously, that's not what I meant. I was talking more along the lines of maybe he knows some info on if the Bengals are looking to trade AJ. Maybe if the Bills are looking into AJ Green and they are close to a deal, Kroft can be the guy to talk Green into coming here. That's what I meant but of course people only look at things with tunnel vision. They never look at the peripherals or the outside factors. If they did maybe people won't jump to conclusions about things and see the bigger picture of what someone is talking about

Edited by Buffalo03

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Couldn’t you same similar things about Kroft?  He would have a lot of open field to work with a guy like Green pulling coverages and he has averaged less than 10 ypc, which is kinda terrible.

$6/ million for a guy like this, with little upside, seems questionable. 

Also coming off of surgery for a broken bone in his foot. That hardly ever ends well for a big guy who gets paid to run and jump. 

If he stays healthy he is a good enough pass catcher. 

• Like (+1) 1

I liked him coming out of college as he showed a lot of versatility.  Really liked his ability to stretch the seam and his reliability as a pass catcher.  Then he just disappeared in Cincy.  I don't know much about that situation except they already had Eifert and I think Croft was drafted to be the #2.

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The front office likes guys with upside that have been injured recently which gets them a discount. The upside of that model is Jordan Poyer, the downside is Trent Murphy. As usual I'll wait for the guaranteed money before judging it.

All quiet on the offensive line front. I think our biggest spending will go there.

We sure didn’t get Kroft at any sort of discount. 

6 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Also coming off of surgery for a broken bone in his foot. That hardly ever ends well for a big guy who gets paid to run and jump. 

If he stays healthy he is a good enough pass catcher. 

Good point. Foot injuries are rough ones for receivers.  I can’t believe we couldn’t  get a guy like this cheaper.