TE Tyler Kroft (Bengals) to the Bills

sven233

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/tyler-kroft?id=2552586

this write up is certainly interesting.  Predict him as a round 5 pick (goes in the 3rd) and compares him to Kelce.  

3 minutes ago, cle23 said:

4 catches for 36 yards in 5 games last year. And he got $6 million a year!?!?!?

Gotta overpay for the downgrade of lifestyle from Cincy to Buffalo. ?

Slide12.png

2019 NFL Free Agency Profile: Tyler Kroft

While Kroft hasn’t wowed with his grades, earning a career-high season grade of 64.9 as a rookie, he has been a consistent and flexible option.

He plays most of his snaps at inline tight end but can also line up in the slot to catch passes or in the backfield to provide extra blocking in the run-game. He also can contribute on special teams, where he played 531 snaps in his first two seasons, earning a respectable 71.7 grade in 2015.

His best season as a receiver came in 2017 filling in for the oft-injured Tyler Eifert, producing 404 yards and seven touchdowns along with a receiving grade of 62.7.

If the Bengals choose to move on, the team that acquires Kroft will be getting a solid, multi-dimensional player who can contribute across all phases of the game.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

21 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Come on guys, we need to calm down and trust the guy who signed Russell Bodine and traded for Kelvin Benjamin, after all he made the playoffs, he's just playing the whole league and has a plan.

You're so risk averse I feel like you check with royal flush.

From his NFLCom  2015 draft profile

NFL Comparison

Travis Kelce

Bottom Line

Tall, athletic tight end with the frame to add more muscle and the athleticism to get open in space. Kroft is an aggressive blocker who can help the running game win on the edges, but he also possesses the quickness to get open in space and make a play after the catch. Kroft's size, athleticism and competitiveness as a blocker make him a scheme fit for most offenses and he could be one of the top tight ends to come from this draft class.

9 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Slide12.png

2019 NFL Free Agency Profile: Tyler Kroft

While Kroft hasn’t wowed with his grades, earning a career-high season grade of 64.9 as a rookie, he has been a consistent and flexible option.

He plays most of his snaps at inline tight end but can also line up in the slot to catch passes or in the backfield to provide extra blocking in the run-game. He also can contribute on special teams, where he played 531 snaps in his first two seasons, earning a respectable 71.7 grade in 2015.

His best season as a receiver came in 2017 filling in for the oft-injured Tyler Eifert, producing 404 yards and seven touchdowns along with a receiving grade of 62.7.

If the Bengals choose to move on, the team that acquires Kroft will be getting a solid, multi-dimensional player who can contribute across all phases of the game.

SHHHHH...dont spoil the pitty party with logic and reason.  

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Couldn’t you same similar things about Kroft?  He would have a lot of open field to work with a guy like Green pulling coverages and he has averaged less than 10 ypc, which is kinda terrible.

$6/ million for a guy like this, with little upside, seems questionable. 

Oh I think the price is a bit OTT.... but we have the money and  no TEs at all on the roster. They were going to overpay for someone. Rather Kroft than James. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Oh I think the price is a bit OTT.... but we have the money and  no TEs at all on the roster. They were going to overpay for someone. Rather Kroft than James. 

Both fell into the same category for me, but I thought Kroft was better coming out of college 

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The deal is worth $18.75 million and could reach a potential $21 million, sources told ESPN.

3 years 

3 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

Until terms are announced, it's difficult to judge this deal.  If there is no or little guaranteed money involved, it might be a great deal, even if it doesn't work out.

I just posted them

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Both fell into the same category for me, but I thought Kroft was better coming out of college 

And for me. I think Kroft is slightly better. But they are the same bracket as players. Good #2 TEs. 

And in case people think I am just being homerish my view that Tyler Kroft should be our FA TE target is widely available on these forums. Search my name and Kroft and you will find plenty if threads where I said it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Don’t look at his last year stats. 

He had to have been injured..

but looking at at his stats from the year before that are BLAHHHH.

1 hour ago, jletha said:

The Bills-Bengals love fest continues.

Big contract for an unproven player but its another body at TE. I like him better than James when hes right.

We have a love fest with the bUNGLeS? First I’ve heard of this. 

You are mistaken sir. The love fest is with the Carolina Panthers. And that’s a fact. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26152205/barnwell-2019-nfl-free-agency-trade-grades-tracking-every-big-signing-move

Tyler Kroft, TE, Buffalo Bills

The deal: Three years, $18.8 million
Grade: C

The Bills needed a tight end to serve as a weapon for Josh Allen and his generally bereft receiving corps. What they went for was Kroft, who has primarily been a blocking tight end during his pro career. The 6-foot-6, 252-pound Rutgers product did catch 42 passes for 404 yards and six touchdowns during the 2017 season, so there might be some untapped potential here, but nobody is likely to consistently catch a touchdown once every six receptions. Indeed, Kroft has one touchdown across 25 other receptions in his three other pro campaigns.

This deal could swing in either direction based on the guarantee. If Buffalo guaranteed Kroft $7 million or so and it's a one-year deal to see what he might do in a larger role, it's a reasonable bet. If the Bills guaranteed Kroft $14 million and plan on standing pat at the position with him alongside Jason Croom, they're not doing Allen any favors.

12 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Gotta Love the "Merge Police" ?

Yes you do otherwise everyone would just post their own LAMP threads.