TE Tyler Kroft (Bengals) to the Bills

sven233

1 minute ago, Pete said:

it sounds like it's a done deal, but we have a slight shot.  I am annoyed.  We could of applied this $6 million and Gore's $2 million- for Houston or someone that is not a JAG

That's how you do FA when you've got ~$80 mil worth of room.

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

overpaying again for some chump TE.  We lose out on Paradis, Humphries, AB, James, etc.  I was hoping to fill in holes with $80 million.  Well we got a backup TE, 1st round bust, and old RB to play down 3rd back.  WTF?  Same old Bills

How long have you watched football? Overreacting on day 1 of free agency is ridiculous. Name one team in the last 20 years that won free agency and dominated the regular season that year? I will wait.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills are going to need to over pay a bit as we know, especially for pass catchers

I just looked at his stats, Yolo.  It might be a reach to call him a pass catcher.  

Either way, this kind of signing doesn't bother me.  Big target, hopefully can block.  Money seems high, but god knows there's a boatload to be spent.  

10 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Matt Parrino @MattParrino 4m4 minutes ago

Matt Parrino Retweeted Ian Rapoport

This deal makes Kroft the 15th-highest paid TE in the NFL. Pencil him in as your starter next season, folks. We'll see if he can put up a similar year like he did in '17, catching 42 for 404 and seven touchdowns (that scoring mark would have tied for #Bills team high in '18).

Needed a starting TE. Got a starting TE. People wanted Gronk but there are almost no players like that at TE, and none were free agents. There are maybe 3 impact TEs in the entire league. The rest are a legion of similar guys. Bills got one of those, which is fine. 

One less high priority for the draft. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stony said:

I just looked at his stats, Yolo.  It might be a reach to call him a pass catcher.  

Either way, this kind of signing doesn't bother me.  Big target, hopefully can block.  Money seems high, but god knows there's a boatload to be spent.  

there really isn't a "boatload" to be spent. if we want top guys here Beane has to overpay, simple as. 

we aren't a top destination 

18 minutes ago, jletha said:

The Bills-Bengals love fest continues.

Big contract for an unproven player but its another body at TE. I like him better than James when hes right.

I don't. James is healthier and a better te. That said he is better than what we had last year likely. Also keeps the door open to draft a te still imo. 

Bills needed to sign a veteran tight end regardless.

Only Jason Croom on the roster, and he's more of a "move" tight end. 

Can't just draft two rookies and expect everything to be okay. TE is a position that often takes a season or two to acclimate to NFL.

I still expect them to draft a rookie on day 2.

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

How long have you watched football? Overreacting on day 1 of free agency is ridiculous. Name one team in the last 20 years that won free agency and dominated the regular season that year? I will wait.

It's a lame FA year, and most every competent football player we have lost out on.  Mostly JAGs left.  We have plenty of them already.  It's about improving

Edited by Pete

Nobody should hate on this signing too much, Kroft is a better tight end than we have had in awhile. He’s not the field stretching kind we need but he is quite reliable when healthy. The money has to be spent, just cause we like certain guys doesn’t mean we have a shot at landing them. Expect a decent amount of these mid tier kind of signings. I don’t see them swinging for homeruns unless it’s on the offensive line 

ppl really think this guy is going to be our starting TE? lol

this draft has very good TE prospects, Beane needs to find our franchise TE in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

Edited by XABI64