TE Tyler Kroft (Bengals) to the Bills

sven233

I'm not a big fan of paying considerable money to a player who has only had 1 decent year. A year followed by a bad year at that.

I mean we can all say "hey, at least we did something", but like other moves we've made in the past, we're paying good money for players who havent necessarily 'proved it' in the NFL.

Hopefully we're still looking to improve the TE position because even with this signing, we're still in the same spot as we were before imo. Yeah we have another body but cmon, can't we do better?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Matt Parrino @MattParrino 4m4 minutes ago

Matt Parrino Retweeted Ian Rapoport

This deal makes Kroft the 15th-highest paid TE in the NFL. Pencil him in as your starter next season, folks. We'll see if he can put up a similar year like he did in '17, catching 42 for 404 and seven touchdowns (that scoring mark would have tied for #Bills team high in '18).

Glad this is what Beane was working on the first day of FA.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

overpaying again for some chump TE.  We lose out on Paradis, Humphries, AB, James, etc.  I was hoping to fill in holes with $80 million.  Well we got a backup TE, 1st round bust, and old RB to play down 3rd back.  WTF?  Same old Bills

We have not lost out on Paradis. The rumors of him agreeing with NYJ are premature. Not saying it can't happen, but it has not yet

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s the starter. Rookie TEs rarely come right in and start.

Yeah they can,  Engram, Howard and Njoku all started fine--from the same draft.  Hunter Henry, George Kittle,  Hooper before that.  Sefarian-Jenkins, Ebron. Eifert, Ertz, Reed, Kelce (IR rookie year but huge impact his next year) all same draft.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

overpaying again for some chump TE.  We lose out on Paradis, Humphries, AB, James, etc.  I was hoping to fill in holes with $80 million.  Well we got a backup TE, 1st round bust, and old RB to play down 3rd back.  WTF?  Same old Bills

What an overofficious jerk.

Lol @ everyone saying he's not that good and being overpaid. Have you guys not learned yet that beane is very very good and finding underrated guys? That's not to say EVERY guy he signs is great, but we have many examples of guys who we thought would do nothing and have proven the opposite 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Dougy84 said:

We have not lost out on Paradis. The rumors of him agreeing with NYJ are premature. Not saying it can't happen, but it has not yet

it sounds like it's a done deal, but we have a slight shot.  I am annoyed.  We could of applied this $6 million and Gore's $2 million- for Houston or someone that is not a JAG