Foles to JAX

17 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Shady, it happened twice to my wife and I.  The feeling of loss...

...Blessing and prayers to the Foles in the hopes that they find a place for their pain quickly.

4 times for us; and one of those would've been our second set of twins.

It's brutal, and my heart goes out to anyone that has to go through it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

My wife and I have 3 healthy, beautiful children and we are beyond blessed. But we have felt this pain and it can have an unimaginable affect on you. I pray that the Foles family will be comforted through this time. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sad to hear this- I had kinda guessed this was the case. 

As someone who just lived through a terrible accident with my wife at 8 months pregnant, to have everything work out well and be able to look at my now 5mo, it is truly not something to be taken for granted. Hopes and prayers to the Foles family. Nick is a great guy and football is definitely not the priority in a time like this. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

2 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

My wife and I have 3 healthy, beautiful children and we are beyond blessed. But we have felt this pain and it can have an unimaginable affect on you. I pray that the Foles family will be comforted through this time. 

57 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Sad to hear this- I had kinda guessed this was the case. 

As someone who just lived through a terrible accident with my wife at 8 months pregnant, to have everything work out well and be able to look at my now 5mo, it is truly not something to be taken for granted. Hopes and prayers to the Foles family. Nick is a great guy and football is definitely not the priority in a time like this. 

I'm sorry, gentlemen.  I wish I could spare every parent this pain.

...and WD I remember when your child was born.  Good to here things are going well after a tough and scary time, buddy.

:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

You guys have to be some of the toughest guys in the world to endure that loss.  I don't think I could do it.

Very sad news. As someone who has gone through this (and used to help run a support group for women (and their SOs) who had miscarriages,  stillbirths, and infant deaths (to one year)), it really is devastating to couples, and families.  I wish them both the best, but this is a deep wound only time will scab over. 

• Like (+1) 3

22 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Very sad news. As someone who has gone through this (and used to help run a support group for women (and their SOs) who had miscarriages,  stillbirths, and infant deaths (to one year)), it really is devastating to couples, and families.  I wish them both the best, but this is a deep wound only time will scab over. 

There are two women that I work with that have both endured a full-term, stillborn delivery. Extremely devastating to them and their families. It also creates a very uncomfortable situation to those that aren't well inform or close to them and ask "so, how's that new baby" after they return to work. Yikes!

We take our football very serious, but in reality, it doesn't compare to the sense of loss facing these families. Those who posted about Nick not showing up to OTA's or wanting more money need to think about the situation and not jump to conclusions so quickly. 

I wish the Foles family all the best during this difficult time.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I like the way you put that “scab over” 

My understanding is that that this isn’t a wound that ever truly heals. It can fade, and maybe it’s not the dire grief anymore, but there are still things that bump against the scab and hurt, remind, and bring back a feeling of loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/30/2019 at 8:45 AM, thebandit27 said:

prayers for you and hats off to being an extremely strong person along with your wife to endure those nightmares...........

On 5/28/2019 at 10:46 AM, Logic said:

Outstanding! 

The Foles era off to a great start in Jacksonville, just like the ODB era in Cleveland and the Bell era in Jersey.

Is it too much to ask for the guy you paid $478 Billion to to show up for OTAs?

Insert foot in mouth.  Maybe next time, think twice before clicking on the "submit reply" button.  ?

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Insert foot in mouth.  Maybe next time, think twice before clicking on the "submit reply" button.  ?

Yep, I jumped the gun on posting what I did in Foles' case. My bad.

Not sure it deserves a "think twice before posting" admonition and an angry red face, but you do you.

On 5/30/2019 at 3:22 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

You guys have to be some of the toughest guys in the world to endure that loss.  I don't think I could do it.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

prayers for you and hats off to being an extremely strong person along with your wife to endure those nightmares...........

Thanks guys!

As sad as it may seem, by the last one, we were almost used to it.

The worst part of the whole ordeal is having all of this testing, examining, etc only to have multiple doctors say that there's absolutely no reason for it.

Mrs. Bandit is unbelievable; the most resilient woman I know.

The happy ending was worth it all. We have our 7 month old daughter, who we were able to name after her late grandmother that we lost in an accident almost 6 years ago...

... and wouldn't you know: she looks JUST like her.

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Thanks guys!

As sad as it may seem, by the last one, we were almost used to it.

The worst part of the whole ordeal is having all of this testing, examining, etc only to have multiple doctors say that there's absolutely no reason for it.

Mrs. Bandit is unbelievable; the most resilient woman I know.

The happy ending was worth it all. We have our 7 month old daughter, who we were able to name after her late grandmother that we lost in an accident almost 6 years ago...

... and wouldn't you know: she looks JUST like her.

...good Lord my friend, that is something you should NEVER have to get used to...Godspeed......it works it strange ways...my cousin had three miscarriages and decided to adopt Korean twins......low and behold, she became pregnant again and carried full term for a very healthy son...............