Foles to JAX

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Can’t wait to see the exact contract numbers on this one. He will never live up to it. 

I don't think it's that big of a contract at all. 

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

4 years max of 102m

That's max, though, and I'm sure that includes all-pro designations/super bowl victories. If he achieves those incentives, then he'll clearly have been worth it. The base is between $84-88 million. I don't know how much is guaranteed. 

I mean, that's the kinda money QBs get these days but this kid has never completed an entire season. Most starts in one year he's ever had is 11 and while he's had some awesome stretches, he doesn't keep that up and he has had absolutely zero success outside Philly.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't think it's that big of a contract at all. 

That's max, though, and I'm sure that includes all-pro designations/super bowl victories. If he achieves those incentives, then he'll clearly have been worth it. The base is between $84-88 million. I don't know how much is guaranteed. 

$50mil guaranteed. Thats steep. 

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Top 8-10.

He's a SB winner, had a great season in 2013, and was mostly terrific last year late in the season. I strongly believe that he's a genuinely good player. He's certainly in the top half of the league and about 50 times better than Bortles. 

12 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

My goodness that's a lot of money though

we're literally saying this about every FA signing today. That's just FA.. and we'll just keep snapping up Gore-berts for 2m.

Outsmarting everybody until we go into the season with a massive amount of free cap. Might as well do a WarBortles salary dump for draft picks a la Osweiler to Browns 2017 and use up cap as SOME kind of asset.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P