RB Frank Gore (Dolphins) to the Bills

sven233

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Because he is a 36 year old RB joining a team with other 30 year old RBs. To include one that is your starter and Fell off the cliff last year. 

The team has 10 draft picks; is it possible that they spend one of them on a RB?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HansLanda said:

Are you assuming they are not multi-tasking with agents? I would just tap the breaks on hate of a flyer on a RB. Seriously, who cares? 

They are obviously multi tasking but all offseason people put their hopes on signing big name guys with all of this cap space and so far we have landed a 35 year old RB and a depth CB.

Just now, MTLBills said:

Agreed, I don't know why everyone is freaking out. Cutting Ivory saves like 1.5 mill cap. Its a wash, and I'd rather have Gore.

Because getting older is a worse option than getting younger. Ivory being released has nothing to do with putting a value on Frank Gore. They are wasting time with old RBs instead of using the spot on a guy who might breakout. 

This signing is a real head scratcher....I know that Frank and Lesean are good friends but the whole "great for the locker room" thing is a little overblown in my opinion.  I would rather take a swing on a young running back in the draft in the later rounds than invest money in a 36 year old RB with a ton of miles.

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Probably because this team has critical holes to fill and we are watching other teams sign players we were hoping to get. 

To get players "we" on the message board were hoping to get.  Doesn't mean Beane wanted them.

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Probably because this team has critical holes to fill and we are watching other teams sign players we were hoping to get. 

Like who?

Jessie James, maybe Trent Brown and.....

I’m willing to bet Bills cut Ivory.  Otherwise don’t really understand the move.  

Breaking:  Bills talking to both Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders to come out of retirement and backup Gores backing up of McCoy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's signings like this that solidify the perception that the Bills are the laughingstock of the NFL. Available FAs are looking at this and thinking, " do I really want to join this"? Jets trade for a pro bowl G, sign a sought after WR and are the front runners for Bell and Paradis. The Bills sign a concussion prone CB and a 36 year old RB. Fingers crossed McBeane strike soon with something worth noting

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

They are obviously multi tasking but all offseason people put their hopes on signing big name guys with all of this cap space and so far we have landed a 35 year old RB and a depth CB.

Dude, it's Monday.