RB Frank Gore (Dolphins) to the Bills

sven233

15 minutes ago, Dave Allen said:

I still expect the Bills to draft a RB on the second or third day. Whoever it is will get one hell of an education behind Shady and Gore. 

I have a feeling we end up with that RB from Penn State. He shouldn’t get over drafted and I feel like the owners connection to PSU. No actual reason for me to think this, I just have a guy feeling. Every time I see anything related to the RBs coming out, I get the feeling he will be in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, #34fan said:

I don't have a crystal ball, but you've obviously got crystal meth thinking Gore will be anything but a placeholder at RB.

As for Lotto numbers, -Ask Beane... He's accomplished at picking random things.

5,000+ posts, 500 reputation.

People aren't buyin' what you're sellin', killjoy.

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif

billsb_logo.gif Bills sign RB Frank Gore (1 year, $2.5 million): A- Grade 
One of the several things the Bills should focus on this offseason is finding a potential successor for LeSean McCoy. Frank Gore obviously isn't it... or is he? The way Gore has been playing well into his mid-30s, you can't count anything out! 

In all seriousness, this seems like a very good signing. It's cheap and comes with no risk, and it also fills a need. McCoy was frequently injured last year, and he wasn't even that effective when he was on the field, averaging a meager 3.2 yards per carry. Gore, on the other hand, did well for a 35-year-old in 2018, averaging 4.6 yards per clip. I know YPC numbers are often misleading, but Gore was solid for a Miami team that didn't have the best offensive line. He can be a capable insurance policy for McCoy at a cheap price. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz5iFuohWlv

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#PopJP9iFZSK9p4pd.99

18 hours ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

Maybe, maybe not.   Bell was out all of last year and the Steelers running game didn't miss a beat.

This is true. Potent offensive lines can certainly distort analysis of a running back, and his kill you with patience style of attack was certainly elevated by the likes of Pouncey, DeCastro, and company.  Even so, I still don't think you can argue he's at a bare minimum a top-ten back, which no other team in the AFC could argue at this point, given Shady's apparent decline.   

Edited by Bills Survivor

On 3/11/2019 at 1:48 PM, Logic said:

People keep whining about Gore without mentioning that he still produced at a high level last year. 

A backfield featuring two probable future HOFers in Gore and McCoy.

Should help from an offensive leadership standpoint, too.

Gore is a for sure.McCoy is right on the margin.

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Here's his calling card:

he has more left in the tank than mccoy

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tcali said:

he has more left in the tank than mccoy

Not so fast. I'd like to see Shady behind a much improved offensive line this year before I start declaring that he has slowed down AT ALL.

I predict that the combination of improved blocking, John Brown and Foster keeping defenses honest, a chip on Shady's shoulder after his worst year as a pro, and the added motivation of his buddy Gore being in town, will all add up to an awesome year from LeSean McCoy. I don't think he's lost a step at all.

Time will tell!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
20 hours ago, Logic said:

Not so fast. I'd like to see Shady behind a much improved offensive line this year before I start declaring that he has slowed down AT ALL.

I predict that the combination of improved blocking, John Brown and Foster keeping defenses honest, a chip on Shady's shoulder after his worst year as a pro, and the added motivation of his buddy Gore being in town, will all add up to an awesome year from LeSean McCoy. I don't think he's lost a step at all.

Time will tell!

Same here.  I don't think he's done for a few more years.  He wasn't any slower last year.  He had no where to go most plays.  It was horrible.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2019 at 11:26 AM, Jauronimo said:

I think it will be great for Shady and Ivory to have a veteran presence in the RB room.  Especially a future hall of famer who guide them and be a role model.

In that perspective , its kind of a   wow signing. makes one think they are going to draft the future RB this year.
That is a lot of panache in one room

On 3/14/2019 at 9:34 PM, HansLanda said:

I am all about trying to get Frank the 522 rushing yards needed to surpass Barry freaking Sanders. We should really get behind this...knowing it's prob his last year. 

wow!   I think Sanders played for a few less seasons than Gore has, but that’s still pretty cool. Hopefully he does it at The Ralph!

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:18 AM, RiotAct said:

wow!   I think Sanders played for a few less seasons than Gore has, but that’s still pretty cool. Hopefully he does it at The Ralph!

Sanders played 10 seasons; 2019-20 will be Gore's 15th.  Emmitt Smith played 15.

Gore's consistency throughout his career, especially into his 30s, is super impressive.  I think this was a great pickup.