RB Frank Gore (Dolphins) to the Bills

sven233

sorry if duplicated (I'm sure it is)

Josh Allen, LeSean McCoy helped lead Frank Gore to Buffalo

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-allen-lesean-mccoy-helped-105355687.html

He said he also liked how quarterback Josh Allen was progressing and a sales pitch from running back LeSean McCoy sealed the deal.

“I was thinking about how we played them last year when I was with Miami, they had a tough, tough defense,” Gore said on NFL Network, via the team’s website. “I just saw their quarterback and he kept getting better and better as the year went on and my man Shady. I’ve known him since he came to the NFL and we were together on Saturday and said, ‘You should come, I want to compete with you, and I know you will help me get back to home again.'”

7 hours ago, #34fan said:

Great! -We got the oldest RB in the league just in time to see a huge dropoff in production. -Maybe even retirement.

Guess when Beane says "process" he means aging process.

Great! You have a crystal ball! Can you tell me the lottery numbers?

15 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

He’ll also teach Josh what should be expected of running backs and assure they get up to speed quickly as the years go by. Once you know what to expect from the best, you can teach/direct new guys coming in.

That’s a great point. I expect the Bills to get a young “RB of the future” in this draft. He’ll get limited action early, but who better to teach the right way to do things than a future HOF RB? 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

My crystal ball tells me he will not be able to give you the lottery numbers! I’m feeling pretty good about this one! 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Frank Gore is a straight up ANIMAL. He is one of the toughest backs to ever do it EVER. On top of that he is coming off a pretty great season.

He can block.  Hes an all pro, hes got enough speed and shiftyness to break them when combined with how hard he is to take down.

Whats not to love?

We are cutting someone though its not possible ivory and mccoy both stay so im guessing ivory is packing.

We def draft a RB mid to late

I also wonder if Gore could displace DiMarco.  Do the Bills need a FB with Gore in the backfield?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

Maybe, maybe not.   Bell was out all of last year and the Steelers running game didn't miss a beat.

I don’t disagree with you in principle, but the Steelers did take a pretty big step back offensively without Bell. 

They lost 106 carries and 318 yards on the ground and 30 catches and 168 yards in the air going from Bell to Connors. The short TDs were there for Connors though. 

I think Bell’s antics lead us to forget just how good he was in that Steelers offense. 

I don't know how anyone can watch the video of Gore with his Bills helmet on from today, walking down the hall at One Bills Drive, looking ready to play right now if they asked him, and NOT be fired up about this signing. "I become a different person when I put on this helmet".

As Beane said, dude is intense. No other way to make it to age 36 at the running back position and still be so good. Intensity, love of the game, dedication.

He'll be a fan favorite in no time.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Logic said:

I don't have a crystal ball, but you've obviously got crystal meth thinking Gore will be anything but a placeholder at RB.

As for Lotto numbers, -Ask Beane... He's accomplished at picking random things.

• Haha (+1) 1