RB Frank Gore (Dolphins) to the Bills

sven233

I have no problem with this. Draft a young kid this year.. Next year McCoy/Gore retires or goes to another team. Its not like its a multi year deal. Bring in a 4th round RB.. 2 future HOF grooms the kid.. This is nothing but good for me.. they split there time so less energy used. I think its brilliant. Not to mention McCoy and Gore are friends.. They will have 0 problems splitting time with each other. Gore is still a great pass catcher, he still runs over people and still one of the best pass blocking RB's in the game.

Get over it/yourself concerning the age..

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/11/2019 at 4:40 PM, oldmanfan said:

Didn't see that coming.  Solid guy even at his age.  Get some linemen now.

Good for you. Everyone else was whining and you saw this as a solid move. Great team guy, even better inside runner than Ivory.  Great heart.  Bills fans are going to love him.  

18 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

yea thats a whole another year of him taking beatings tho. he will only go downhill....

ya and people said that the year before... and the year before......

and then he has 700+ in a backup role at 4.6 a tote. absolutely nothing wrong with this signing for a year.

24 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

ya and people said that the year before... and the year before......

and then he has 700+ in a backup role at 4.6 a tote. absolutely nothing wrong with this signing for a year.

I'll admit ... at first, I really thought it was a head-scratcher - but I think that's primarily because we already have the 2nd and 3rd oldest RBs in the NFL on our roster.

But Gore has never had a bad season.  Not a one.  For the price/terms at which we got him, I think it was a good move.

That said, I certainly don't want to head into the season with Gore, McCoy and Ivory as our RB corps.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'll admit ... at first, I really thought it was a head-scratcher - but I think that's primarily because we already have the 2nd and 3rd oldest RBs in the NFL on our roster.

But Gore has never had a bad season.  Not a one.  For the price/terms at which we got him, I think it was a good move.

That said, I certainly don't want to head into the season with Gore, McCoy and Ivory as our RB corps.

I felt exactly the same. in fact I actually "LOL'd" here in my office when I saw the news. I then did some digging on numbers and then some reels of last year and was pretty blown away by how well he played. and the pass blocking cant be ignored. he's a clear asset to the locker room and Allen IMO. 

I would think this means ivory gets the ax and maybe a 3-5 rounder gets spent on a back in april depending on how the first couple picks fall for us.... I wont lose my mind if that doesn't happen but I would hope that's the plan.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I felt exactly the same. in fact I actually "LOL'd" here in my office when I saw the news. I then did some digging on numbers and then some reels of last year and was pretty blown away by how well he played. and the pass blocking cant be ignored. he's a clear asset to the locker room and Allen IMO. 

I would think this means ivory gets the ax and maybe a 3-5 rounder gets spent on a back in april depending on how the first couple picks fall for us.... I wont lose my mind if that doesn't happen but I would hope that's the plan.

Completely agree. They really should look to bring in a rookie to start grooming for the future. It's a fantastic situation for said rookie. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Completely agree. They really should look to bring in a rookie to start grooming for the future. It's a fantastic situation for said rookie. 

hell yes it is... a full season learning from 2 of the best all purpose backs the league has ever seen. 

• Like (+1) 1

So we spent like 1/50th of our available cap money (not total cap, just available dollars) on a ball-secure, excellent blocking, 4.6 YPC back who also happens to be a first ballot hall of famer who is regarded as a great locker room guy. 

I get that he isn’t 25, but he literally put up that production a few months ago. In a few more months, how much of his speed, strength, vision etc. will we expect to see eroded? Folks make it sound like every day this guys heart keeps beating he’s losing another tenth on his 100 yard dash...

Edited by akm0404

4 minutes ago, Tcali said:

Gore is one of those backs who can excel at a late age...ala Riggins and marcus allen. Very good move for a hall of fame player in his twilight who is still quick and a load to bring down. Bargain priced.

He’ll also teach Josh what should be expected of running backs and assure they get up to speed quickly as the years go by. Once you know what to expect from the best, you can teach/direct new guys coming in.

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

He’ll also teach Josh what should be expected by running backs and assure they get up to speed quick s the years go by. Once you know what to expect from the best, you can teach/direct new guys coming in.

right on. I love the solid pickups so far. No more phoney fluffed up stat guys like KB the bad WR. I like the way this GM is thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

I've warmed to this, especially at league minimum.

Knows his blocking assignments, and executes them.

Great vision.

A haul to take down.

Still a bit slippery, and just quick enough.

Frank Gore as the 4th and goal RB sounds aok to me.

Spell Shady, Ivory or Rookie.

I'd love Buffalo to draft Iowa State RB David Montgomery in the 3rd or 4th.

Imagine being a rookie with McCoy and Gore as your mentors....

D Montgomery is likened to Kareem Hunt BTW.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I've warmed to this, especially at league minimum.

Knows his blocking assignments, and executes them.

Great vision.

A haul to take down.

Still a bit slippery, and just quick enough.

Frank Gore as the 4th and goal RB sounds aok to me.

Spell Shady, Ivory or Rookie.

I'd love Buffalo to draft Iowa State RB David Montgomery in the 3rd or 4th.

Imagine being a rookie with McCoy and Gore as your mentors....

D Montgomery is likened to Kareem Hunt BTW.

I like David Montgomery but I like Memphis RB Darell Henderson more and I would bet they will both be available for us in the 3rd or 4th round...
There's no way Beane & Co. are passing on the opportunity to bring in a young buck to be mentored by 2 of the NFL's greatest RB's of all time 

Edited by c-troop

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Interesting listen. When asked why he signed here he said that Allen kept getting better as the year went on and that you Need to have a QB.

He also mentioned that he is good friends with McCoy. They were working out together and McCoy told him that he should really come to buffalo. That they could really push each other. Gore said he thought about it and decided to come here.

Makes me wonder what role, if any, McCoy had in signing Gore.

I wonder if management approached him at all, or if he mentioned it to McD/Beane? 

Or maybe it was after the Bills had already showed interest in Gore that Shady recruited him. 

I actually like the idea of having both Gore and Shady in the same backfield.

2 future Hall-of-famers that are both still chasing records. They can push each other to keep hitting those milestones! lol

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Ridiculous.  I mean, why not Fred Jackson at this point?  Beane is SO not a pro...

Did Fred average 4.6 yards per carry last year and I missed it?

Glad you've returned to the forum just in time to click on each free agent signing, one by one, and announce your displeasure with it. Fun times!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Frank Gore is a straight up ANIMAL. He is one of the toughest backs to ever do it EVER. On top of that he is coming off a pretty great season.

He can block.  Hes an all pro, hes got enough speed and shiftyness to break them when combined with how hard he is to take down.

Whats not to love?

We are cutting someone though its not possible ivory and mccoy both stay so im guessing ivory is packing.

We def draft a RB mid to late

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Did Fred average 4.6 yards per carry last year and I missed it?

Glad you've returned to the forum just in time to click on each free agent signing, one by one, and announce your displeasure with it. Fun times!

Great! -We got the oldest RB in the league just in time to see a huge dropoff in production. -Maybe even retirement.

Guess when Beane says "process" he means aging process.