RB Frank Gore (Dolphins) to the Bills

sven233

55 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I don't understand how anybody can be against Frank Gores production and experience for 1 year 2 mil. 

hey whatever, hope it works to the positive next season

• SDS changed the title to RB Frank Gore (Dolphins) to the Bills
  • SDS pinned this topic
1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

I don't understand how anybody can be against Frank Gores production and experience for 1 year 2 mil. 

....the Deadskins signed Peterson to vet minimum last year ($1.015 mil) and got 1,024 yards in return.....and Frank just keeps on tickin' as well...............

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

how can it not . that kind of experience 1 year deal. 

i can probably list 2,530 times that something that was a sure thing bombed horribly for the teams I have cheered for....

again, hope it works out....

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i can probably list 2,530 times that something that was a sure thing bombed horribly for the teams I have cheered for....

again, hope it works out....

Even if he barely sees the field that's not why they brought him in for a year. He has lots of knowledge to share. Lots of experience, and if Shady is being let go or traded we  have that vet to lean on some

In no situation do I see FG being the feature back 

Edited by ddaryl

Gore is also a good short yardage/ end of game runner. You need someone who does not lose yards in those situations. The clip below shows why Dolphins signed him.

"Gore’s red zone numbers rivaled the best in the business. Among the NFL’s top-10 rushers (Hunt, Gurley, Bell, McCoy, Ingram, Howard, Gordon, Fournette, Anderson, Elliot) only Jordan Howard’s yards-per-rush (4.9) in the red zone was better.  In short yardage situations (3rd or 4th down and 3 yards or less to gain), Gore converted 87% of his 15 carries for first downs." 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I agree. The only thing that matters is the price. $2 million for 1 year is chump change in today's NFL. He is being paid as nothing more than a veteran 3rd back. If he gets cut, so be it. If he has something left, great. But, this is a cheap signing. As long as we don't overpay (which we didn't) then I'm fine with it.

On 3/11/2019 at 10:30 PM, formerlyofCtown said:

Because hes the better RB.  4.6 yrds per carry and a great pass catcher out of the backfield.

He’s likely still the best pass blocking back in the NFL. Josh’s first move on drop backs isn’t going to be, “Where the heck can I run to?” 

Beane is making a pocket platform for Josh.With Morse at Center we’re more stout up the middle than we have been since maybe Kent Hull was making snaps. Ty Nsekhe beat the crap out of Clowney. And José’s bigger brother Mongo is probably better than any of our Guards from last year. 

They're building the team around Josh people, and it starts with protecting him and giving him some receivers that can get open and catch the damn ball. Gore and Shady are excellent targets. 

Yell into the night sky if you will, but I for one can see method to this “madness.” 

Cant wait for TC & the PS when Josh gets 95% of the reps with the #1s. It’s springtime and the dawn of the Allen Era. Be thankful you’re here to witness it. 

Edited by Nanker
Clarity
  • Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Nanker said:

He’s likely still the best pass blocking back in the NFL. Josh’s first move on drop backs isn’t going to be, “Where the heck can I run to?” 

Beane is making a pocket platform for Josh.With Morse at Center we’re more stout up the middle than we have been since maybe Kent Hull was making snaps. Ty Nsekhe beat the crap out of Clowney. And José’s bigger brother Mongo is probably better than any of our Guards from last year. 

They're building the team around Josh people, and it starts with protecting him and giving him some receivers that can get open and catch the damn ball. Gore and Shady are excellent targets. 

Yell into the night sky if you will, but I for one can see method to this “madness.” 

Cant wait for TC & the PS when Josh gets 95% of the reps with the #1s. It’s springtime and the dawn of the Allen Era. Be thankful you’re here to witness it. 

Can I yell into the night sky "Beane is a witch!"?