RB Frank Gore (Dolphins) to the Bills

sven233

3 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

The eagles who barely had any cap space had to restructure and cut a few players. Have already added 2 pieces the Bills could have definitely used DeSean Jackson and Malik Jackson would have both been strong signings. But atleast we got a 36 year old Frank Gore. Who would have been able to sign a month from now. While Tevin Coleman is out there talking to another team about a contract smfh. Just when I started to like McBeane atleast for their effort and willingness to try and make this team better.

Yeah. Signing a top 5 all time running back still producing at a high level to a 1 year deal for peanuts. How dare they!

44 minutes ago, Buddo said:

I'm not sure quite why, but I really do love this. It must be the completely against the grain aspect of it. In fairness, Gore has still been productive, even at his relatively advanced age, and the cost is minimal.

722 yards last year with 4.6 ypc. Clearly he's no longer a heavy duty back, yet he's been amazing to this point. I would still be looking for another back unless maybe Ford can prove himself in camp and preseason. I'm not a Murphy fan though 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But if this was Gore to the Patriots, the media would be climbing over each other to drool at the move.

You are correct, that is because they make many good moves and have the hardware to prove it.  Not us.

15 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Can’t y’all see what a brilliant marketing ploy this is? 2019 Bills backfield sponsored by AARP. 

Shady runs for the sidelines the first two plays of the game, then disappears the rest of the game.

Gore can do this to start the second half.

One more competent player to have going into training camp competition.  I'm totally fine with it.  I was underwhelmed by our young running backs last year, and I suspect we'll throw a low draft pick this year.   But we don't NEED to this year.   This is the Bean way, have a team before the draft. Not rely on the draft to get a team.

Are we a little better?  I think so.   Massively better?  probably not.  But why all the hyperventilating?   We have to sign 40 people to bring us to 90 for training camp.   We have to sign a LOT of people and Gore played well last year.  

As someone has already said, this was agreed to a while ago.   This isn't taking up any of our time or money to chase other players.