C Matt Paradis - to Carolina - less than Morse (3yrs at $27)

42 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

23 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

A4DCADB9-A067-4118-A10D-60BED7BD7CD1.thu

Well... Here are the two narratives.  Believe what you will...

Those in Paradis' camp are saying the Jets prioritized getting Le'Veon Bell and wouldn't finalize the deal, so he bolted.

The Jets are saying Paradis was never really interested in signing with them, just using their offer to drive up his market.

Either way, I think Beane was smart in moving on to Morse.  Both were very similar in value.  It's just about whether you are more concerned with age (26 vs 29) or injuries (broken leg vs concussions).

10 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Well... Here are the two narratives.  Believe what you will...

Those in Paradis' camp are saying the Jets prioritized getting Le'Veon Bell and wouldn't finalize the deal, so he bolted.

The Jets are saying Paradis was never really interested in signing with them, just using their offer to drive up his market.

Either way, I think Beane was smart in moving on to Morse.  Both were very similar in value.  It's just about whether you are more concerned with age (26 vs 29) or injuries (broken leg vs concussions).

I'm really inclined to believe Jets spinmeisters, aren't you? :)

Edited by dave mcbride

1 hour ago, CNY315 said:

A4DCADB9-A067-4118-A10D-60BED7BD7CD1.thu

I actually mentioned that yesterday, he would pick Buffalo over NYC, he's a country boy. I think Bills just wanted Morse.

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Surprising low money.  29 isn’t that old for his position 

It is lower than expected, he probably just liked the fit in Carolina.