C Matt Paradis - to Carolina - less than Morse (3yrs at $27)

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I wonder if after the Bills signed Morse, the Jets tried lowering their offer some, and Morse got pissed at the Jets and now wont sign with them.  At least thats how I want this to play out :lol:

Despite the inferiority complex around here, he probably never wanted to go to the Jets.  They are a Redskins type outfit and NYC/NJ isn’t for everyone.  

18 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes you can. 

Just need to be aggressive and creative. 

Please, regale us with tales of the teams who spent wildly in free agency and went on to sustained success...I know you've got a stiffy for the Jets right now.

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

To be fair...we thought we had AB for 24 hours...stings more than losing out on a Center.  But yeah, F the Jets, still will be funny.

But the Bills never had AB to begin with.  I can see Paradis not wanting to uproot his life/family.

22 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I wonder if after the Bills signed Morse, the Jets tried lowering their offer some, and Morse got pissed at the Jets and now wont sign with them.  At least thats how I want this to play out :lol:

More like Paradis saw what Morse got and told the Jets to give him more.  And then the Broncos realized they still need a center and figured they could get a hometown discount.

18 minutes ago, eball said:

Please, regale us with tales of the teams who spent wildly in free agency and went on to sustained success...I know you've got a stiffy for the Jets right now.

About the only one you can point to is Denver's signing of Manning, D. Ware, T. Ward, A. Talib, W. Welker, and E. Sanders.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, eball said:

Jets GM is in win now mode, seeing he was inexplicably not canned for being terrible at his job this past offseason. Once he is canned Gase will have 1 year under a GM likely and then the whole team will be blown up and have to eat these terrible contracts. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Jets GM is in win now mode, seeing he was inexplicably not canned for being terrible at his job this past offseason. Once he is canned Gase will have 1 year under a GM likely and then the whole team will be blown up and have to eat these terrible contracts. 

Win now mode - now that's funny, really funny.  Thanks for that man.  

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting. He always preferred to stay in Denver. Pony up the cash, horse teeth. Flacco is a statue and you need him. 

He went to Boise State and is from Idaho. I have to think he'd far prefer to stay in Denver all things being equal.

18 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The only thing that *might* save them is if Darnold becomes the shizznit, which could happen, but my point remains that wild FA spending sprees are rarely the route to success.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, H2o said:

Is there a chance the hand he played on the open market backfired to a certain extent and now he is trying to crawl back to Denver? 

I would agree with this.  I'm shocked that Paradis wasn't signed first day, and now talks of him renegotiating with Broncos?

Paradis overplayed his worth.  He better grab best deal possible before teams start phasing him out of their plans by signing other players.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Wow. Just goes to show ya never can tell! The Jets are freaking cracking me up!  Gase let them know he was looking at them, and it must have made them nervous lol.

Edited by BuffAlone
  • Haha (+1) 2