C Matt Paradis - to Carolina - less than Morse (3yrs at $27)

29 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

Who really wants to live in NYC? Every time I go for a game I can't wait to leave. Way too much rat in a cage feeling for me...

He can live in the suburbs of NJ or CT they'll tell him.

jets compound is in the suburbs .  it is very nice , trees and everything 

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I think Paradis and Humphries coming here would be a great off-season....then draft a RT with their first pick.

If we sign Paradis and Williams at RT, at 9 we'd be in position to draft a solid LT, and could shift Dawking to RG. Solid. 

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

Anyone wanna predict how many pages the "Paradis signs with Jets" thread will get to? 55? 75?

And as an added bonus, how many "Fire Beane!" comments will be contained within those pages?

what do you think beane has to accomplish this week for everyone to think he done at least an adequate job?  

3 minutes ago, mcdamit said:

what do you think beane has to accomplish this week for everyone to think he done at least an adequate job?  

Free Agency is the worst.  Either you over pay to get your guy, and the fan based is pissed you over paid.  Or you don't get your guy, and the fan based is pissed you didn't get your guy. Meanwhile, almost universally, Free Agents are historically not that good, and they rarely make the Pro Bowl, much less the difference between a winning and losing season. 

Its a real damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Free Agency is the worst.  Either you over pay to get your guy, and the fan based is pissed you over paid.  Or you don't get your guy, and the fan based is pissed you didn't get your guy. Meanwhile, almost universally, Free Agents are historically not that good, and they rarely make the Pro Bowl, much less the difference between a winning and losing season. 

Its a real damned if you, damned if you don't situation. 

i don;t have a problem with over paying on front loaded contracts.  this team seems to draft well so there is hope they will build the talent base , at the moment they need a talent infusion 

49 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hate to say it, but I think Paradis goes to NYJ.

He has familiarity with Adam Gase, the Jets' GM is more willing to overpay than Beane, and NYC is a more attractive place to live than Buffalo.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think he'll be a Jet.

If so, here's hoping Bills can get Morse.

Maybe that works against the Jest. ?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Laughing Coffin said:

If you had 50 million dollars and not from New York state, would you rather live in NYC or Buffalo?

Buffalo, baby! Living in Gotham would be a nightmare. And yes, I would have said the same in my younger days.

• Like (+1) 1