C Matt Paradis - to Carolina - less than Morse (3yrs at $27)

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

It's ridiculous to lose out on a guy over 5 million. Should have offered 61.

You're falling for the PPP fallacy. Just because someone says it on Twitter or a message board, doesn't mean it's true. That guy is as knwledgeable as a jar of mayonaise. Wait for better reporting to start drinking. Or at least just get pre-buzz on for now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

You're falling for the PPP fallacy. Just because someone says it on Twitter or a message board, doesn't mean it's true. That guy is as knwledgeable as a jar of mayonaise. Wait for better reporting to start drinking. Or at least just get pre-buzz on for now. 

Ha! Not a drinker anymore, but thanks

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

Mayonnaise FTW

Quick somebody tweet the Bills signed Paradis and its a done deal

Edited by ddaryl

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I do enjoy how someone always says "well so and so looks good in the draft" when we lose on a FA.  Maybe if we write letters to the other 31 franchises and explain the situation that FAs won't come here they'll feel sorry for us and give us extra picks to make sure we get a T / G / C / DE / DT / WR / TE.

This year with ~80M in cap room it's an even harder sell to talk about unproven rookies as opposed to the better free agents.  

OBD needs to start doing some winning.  Fans are tired of consolation prizes.

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So you're telling me there's a chance!

As a Bills fan, you're already prepared for the worst (Pats will jump in and sign him), so stick with that and then when the Jets sign him, it will only feel like a kick in the nads and not full castration. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is paradis recovered from the fib injury? Honest question as I don’t know 

Don't see why he wouldn't be it happened relatively early in the season. If I remember correctly both times it happened to Wood it was later in the year and he was still ready for camp

• Like (+1) 1

I am not getting my hopes up. My guess is that the Jets land him, if it is down to NY vs Buffalo. 

#1, I think Maccagnan will offer more money. He doesn’t seem as disciplined as Beane when it comes to spending. When he wants a guy, he seems willing to pay whatever it takes (look at Cousins last year. He got a fully guaranteed deal from Min. thanks to the Jets). 

#2, Darnold is more of a pocket passer than Josh Allen (at the moment, at least) and it seems like he is better at getting the ball out quicker. That makes a linemen’s job easier. 

and #3, the Jets currently have more talent on the o-line for Paradis to play with. 

IMO, For the Bills to land him, they would have to have the best offer (and maybe by a fair margin) and/or contract structure. Or Paradis would really have to buy-in to what the Bills are doing and really like the owners/coach/GM/facilities etc. Or Paradis would have to prefer the living situation in Buffalo (since he is a small town kid iirc). 

I hope it happens. I’d be just as happy with Morse, though. I really hope we can land one of them.