CB Kevin Johnson (Texans) to the Bills

38 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Good depth signing 

I don't think its depth...I think he's starting opposite of Tre'White. 

I liked him coming out of college, but at the time we were running that man coverage D from Rex. He's a good zone man. He was never really a man - man guy. He can do it...just not consistently. But, in zone...he should be great...especially at not being the #1 CB. He'll be the #2 going against #2 WR's

Nice signing 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scorp83 said:

I don't think its depth...I think he's starting opposite of Tre'White. 

I liked him coming out of college, but at the time we were running that man coverage D from Rex. He's a good zone man. He was never really a man - man guy. He can do it...just not consistently. But, in zone...he should be great...especially at not being the #1 CB. He'll be the #2 going against #2 WR's

Nice signing 

Either way it creates depth

41 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

3 excellent young corners...sign a CB

Right. Because we all know that Corners never go down and in the off chance that they do, you can plug in just another guy from Wegmans’ baggers to fill in. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

He played in 6 games that year.

More concerning, he was placed in IR last year after week 1 last year for multiple concussions. You don't often see that.

Signing a guy who has started 8 games in the past three years is kinda, meh.

But if its one of those 2 million a year deals..no big deal.  

4 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

He has good foot skills and a really good motor. There is some concerns in how he plays off the ball...Just kidding I don’t even know what that means!

He had 2 foot surgeries to repair Lisfranc fractures as well as repeated concussions.  As a depth CB he is good to have but as a former 1st round pick who was cut because he was due $9.069 million fifth-year club option I wonder what kind of offer he got?

17 minutes ago, WideNine said:

We swamp the field with quality DB's and Safeties in our nickel and dime packages and what does NE do? 

The run the ball on us.

Always feel like we are building the team to beat the NE team that was fielded 3 years ago.

We've got them right where they want us:)

Regardless, guys go down and we could always use the corner depth, and hopefully this is a draft where they can focus on other need areas.

Sounds like we're pretty interested in adding a DE & DT in FA/Draft..  This DL could become a monster real quick with the right additions. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wow I love this signing. It's not sexy but it's necessary . Taron and Levi look to be the 2 and 3 with Tre Revis obviously # 1 but K Johnson was a bonafide first rounder who has the physical abilities , no question.  Ya never know , maybe the system in Hou just wasn't a fit and he comes to a CB friendly scheme in Buffalo and potentially shows that first round ability. Good signing !

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I believe the defense San Diego played against Baltimore last year in the playoffs is going to become much more prevalent in the coming years.

You peeked my curiosity...did not follow a lot of the San Diego games. Will have to take a look.