CB Kevin Johnson (Texans) to the Bills

5 hours ago, mimisnowball said:

Texans supporter here. He needs to be a 4th or 5th corner. He was dreadful as a starter.

It's a one-year deal with no guaranteed money -- I think the Bills played it plenty safe here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You can argue if he's good/bad, injury prone/not, but he's worth a roster spot for what is basically a no risk contract.  There's really no way to spin this as a bad idea, including saying you can't trust he'll be healthy enough for the season.  If Ansah signs here for decent money, and ends up hurt in week 7 many will say it was worth a try after he's cut the next year.  This guy is worth a shot for peanuts for sure.

6 hours ago, eball said:

It's a one-year deal with no guaranteed money -- I think the Bills played it plenty safe here.

This. The signing is not even low risk, high reward. It's more like NO risk, high reward.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dave Allen said:

Given his injury history along with Taron Johnson's, the Bills are going to need to add another CB or two. 

Way too early to sayTaron Johnson is injury-prone. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Way too early to sayTaron Johnson is injury-prone. 

True. But it's important to have quality players down the depth chart, at every position, because injuries happen. And even if starters stay healthy, most will need a little rest at some point late in the season.  I can see the Bills drafting another corner on the third day, or even the second if someone falls. 

45 minutes ago, Dave Allen said:

True. But it's important to have quality players down the depth chart, at every position, because injuries happen. And even if starters stay healthy, most will need a little rest at some point late in the season.  I can see the Bills drafting another corner on the third day, or even the second if someone falls. 

Yes to depth. Maybe to drafting a CB. 

Instant Grades from WF (not that it matters)

billsb_logo.gif Bills sign CB Kevin Johnson (1 year, $3 million): A Grade 
Kevin Johnson could possibly be the greatest first-round bust in Texans' brief history, save for David Carr. He was chosen with the 16th-overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, but he has missed 29 games in the past three years, thanks to many injuries and concussions. 

There's a good chance Johnson will continue to miss action, but Buffalo won't be penalized if that happens. Given that the Bills signed Johnson to a 1-year, $3 million deal, they're not taking any sort of risk. If Johnson can't get healthy, then it's no big deal. However, if Johnson can overcome his issues, the Bills will have a first-round-caliber cornerback on their roster at an extremely cheap price, so I love this low-risk, high-upside signing.

• SDS unpinned this topic