Bills internal discussions about Trey Flowers - DE

MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well....one of these GM's has already had a team that has gotten to the playoffs?   Just saying.

I agree they were in playoffs but first six games of season opponents gave the ball away in abundance.  Think that season was an aberration just like the Sabres ten game winning streak. 

Just now, Radar said:

I agree they were in playoffs but first six games of season opponents gave the ball away in abundance.  Think that season was an aberration just like the Sabres ten game winning streak. 

There is no such thing....you either win games or you dont

And its early for free agency lets see what actually happens.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Magox said:

Excellent player.   Great against the run and much better rushing the passer than his 7.5 sacks suggest.   He is a process guy, great work ethic, Good production, only 25 and improving each year.

He is one of PFF's top ranked edge defenders and he's versatile that can stack up anywhere on the line.

Would love to have him and if we could get him for somewhere around $14 Mill a year, I'd be happy.

If Flowers comes in at 14 the Pats would likely resign him. Estimates Ive heard are more in line with 18-19 million per year range. Especially since most of the top edge guys have been franchised.

7 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Definitely. They have to spend the money somewhere. If they get turned down by the free agent OL then I’m all for giving big money to Flowers

Offensive players are usually cheaper in FA and DL transition quicker to the NFL.  They will likely draft a DL.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

There are no edge rushers left in FA that could improve on Murphy or Shaq. Hughes is better than a lot of Bills fans think he is. Even if we don't draft an edge rusher in the 1st or 2nd round, adding a guy like Ed Oliver would still improve our pass rush and we could be a lot worse off at DE overall. I could even see Oliver at LDE in passing situations.

14 hours ago, Radar said:

For all the naysayers on the Sabres I have so much more confidence in their GM than I do Beane and co.

Why? Have you paid attention to the sabres at all?

13 hours ago, Radar said:

Just more feeling than anything. Listening to both I like both personality wise. Just better feeling about Botterill being able to build a team we'll see. Wish them both success.

I feel the opposite.