OT Trent Brown to Raiders

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I saw somewhere that they tried to make the Brown trade on Maddon and the game rejected it......

Ha the last couple years I drafted Brown and picked up Tyreek - I'm a Hill guy all the way now. On a side note my strong armed QB turned John Ross into a Hall of Famer - along with my 6'7" 280 pound TE who runs a 4.4 :lol:

46 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I mean crazy that the Raiders could get this contract sorted out in 15 mins... ?

I thought they weren't allowed to talk $$, just interest and parameters.  This is pretty specific

Wow! That is insane. This guy is a 7th round pick from 2015 that has had ONE good year. And that good year came playing for Brady (who gets the ball out very quick) and Dante Scarnecchia (by far the best o line coach in the NFL).  New England also has some TE’s who are very good blockers. 

Plus they just drafted a guy at #15 last year who I thought was supposed to be their long term LT? 

Edited by BillsFan4

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

And finding guys that are good to agree to cap friendly contracts is like finding a Unicorn or Bigfoot...........

No you just need to scout well so you are paying someone on the upswing of their career and not the downswing. See Hyde and Poyer.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, dpberr said:

1.  He's not *that* good.

2.  Raiders are booking their rooms in cap purgatory in Las Vegas Year #2.  I foresee them hoodwinking all their new fans into season tickets and PSLs with a dazzling year one in the new stadium and then having to tear it all down shortly thereafter.  

Obviously the Raiders didn't do their homework.  Tackles that leave NE grossly underperform. Brady has the quickest release in football on 3 step drops. Brown will be required to protect Carr on 7 step drops. This will not end well.

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Wow you have not been paying attention tot he Bills then. We've brought in plenty of solid to great players ont he cheap. Yes we hit a few duds in there, but our secondary alone was re-built on the cheap

Are where has that gotten the Bill's?

Those guys were solid players, but not game changers.

1 minute ago, billspro said:

No you just need to scout well so you are paying someone on the upswing of their career and not the downswing. See Hyde and Poyer.

2 decent players that got the Bill's where? They had great first years here

51 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Teams continue to think that it's the players on that New England team that make it successful. This is yet another ex Patriot that will be mediocre to poor on a new team.

Plus withthat money paid - he become a probable 3rd round comp pick for NE next year.

Idiots

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

OK if you think so... should we jump back in way back machine a discuss all the big money FA that have brought us all those championships 

Edited by ddaryl

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

And just like that, the Pats got a third round comp pick next year. Dammit!!

I was thinking the same thing lol, just a ridiculous contract for the raiders. Mayock doesn’t seem like a very good negotiator. 

“I’ll just sign a few guys for max contracts and call it a day” 

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

If you pay attention to how the good teams are built you can see the Bills following that model. 

Teams that spend big in free agency fail at a very high percentage. Spend smart in free agency and build through the draft. That is how you win. 

36 minutes ago, papazoid said:

I applaud what the raiders are doing

bills fans would be jumping for joy if both of those signings were coming here

Not at that price - I wouldn’t mind either or both players, but when you way overpay for what will become a lack of production- the joy leaves quickly.

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know it's PFF and I didn't catch much of the Cheaters last year, but I thought he had a better season than 32nd best?  If true, or even close, that's an even dumber contract than I thought.