Texas Fires (former Bill) Vince Young from part time job

Steve O

https://sports.yahoo.com/texas-fires-vince-young-from-parttime-job-194711992.html

If you read through the comments at the end someone states that it started as a 100K/yr full time job but he kept missing work so they made it a 50K per year part time job...he couldn't even handle the demands of that.

I remember listening to Donald Jones when he was on with Murph talking about a high draft pick that had the worst presence in the huddle of anyone he had ever played with. Donald never let on who it was but it had to be Vince.

Mods please note I had this in college football forum and it was suggested that I move it to Stadium Wall. Will try to delete from college football, but I'm not all that tech savvy.

Edit: I managed to delete from College Football, feel free to move it back (and blame Gugny who suggested it be moved to Stadium Wall?)

Edited by Steve O
  • Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Vince Young  spent more time on other teams   

I really don't see him as anything other than a bad short lived move 

kinda like Billy Joe Hobert and Billy Joe Tolliver 

How did this become an ode to Billy Joe?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

jeez his bankrupt too. probably needed that money

...blew through 26 mil......don't think we're talkin' the "best and the brightest" here.....somehow me thinks his three years at Texas equates to your toddler's 1st year in pre-school.....and the toddler scored HIGHER........

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...blew through 26 mil......don't think we're talkin' the "best and the brightest" here.....somehow me thinks his three years at Texas equates to your toddler's 1st year in pre-school.....and the toddler scored HIGHER........

there are plenty of former players that lost all their money investing poorly or getting ripped off. 

Being a head case isn't a prerequisite 

19 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

there are plenty of former players that lost all their money investing poorly or getting ripped off. 

Being a head case isn't a prerequisite 

...certainly agree...here's a prime example...years ago, a defenseman named Steve Dykstra played for the AHL Rochester Americans from '82-'85....a bunch of us knew him well.....Sabres signed him in '85 to a decent pro contract for the times......still remember him saying he was a 21 year old kid 3,000 miles from home making thousands weekly.....bought a BMW and went end over end in it.....never was the same and became well traveled....too much money at too early an age with no guidance.....more the norm versus the exception.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy