Report - Bills interested in Frank Gore, RB

wppete

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

That moment you realize this is the signing Shady was talking about in that cryptic post...

In all seriousness, if Gore signs for peanuts, who cares... a Shady/Gore backfield behind an improved OL is more than adequate.  I wouldn't mind keeping Ivory and rolling with those three and then addressing the position next offseason.

RB is pretty much dead last on my wish list for FA/Draft.

Yeah Shady was like......."oh man it's going to be so cool to hang out with Frank in the RB room!".:lol:

I thought about going thru Rosenhaus' client list after the tweet........glad I didn't bother.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I love how "first thing reported" = "This is your first move" to people.

Just because its the first thing we've heard from the media doesn't mean it's the first priority of the Bills.

Sheesh. People sure are fidgety, reactionary, and awful during free agency. I had forgotten.

What did you expect?

We have built this up since the start of the 2018 season and this is the first thing we hear?

Like I said, I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but you can understand us being a little puzzled.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I love Gore........but to be honest I've been looking at the UFA list in recent weeks and I just don't see a lot of good marriages for the Bills.

Gore to me was an OBVIOUS match.

Darryl Williams at $12M per is too.

After that........don't see much.

I guess Trent Brown is on their radar but as good as he is he really is going to have a hard time justifying $17M+ per year.    Coffee is for closers and he has Jerry Hughes disease........very good but doesn't seal deals at the QB enough.

Gore would've fit in almost any NFL era and there's nothing wrong if he's still got some life.  Good locker room presence I'm sure.  I could get behind Williams.

I'm most interested to see if McBeane can swing any trades.  The free agent market is typically thin and I''d like to see who becomes available and whether a deal gets made.

If they end up with a premier WR and fortify the OL and sign a guy like Gore...we'll, it'd be nice.  Offense has to be the priority from here on out, although pass rush needs help as well.

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I love Gore........but to be honest I've been looking at the UFA list in recent weeks and I just don't see a lot of good marriages for the Bills.

I guess Trent Brown is on their radar but as good as he is he really is going to have a hard time justifying $17M+ per year.    Coffee is for closers and he has Jerry Hughes disease........very good but doesn't seal deals at the QB enough.

Assume you mean Flowers, not Brown...

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Beyond puzzling. The guy was done 5 years ago. Be better off checking on Freddy’s interest 

He's averaged about 1,000 yards/year over the past 5 years.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What did you expect?

We have built this up since the start of the 2018 season and this is the first thing we hear?

Like I said, I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but you can understand us being a little puzzled.

You keep saying that, but it's exactly what you're doing. We're in the first 45 minutes of the tampering period, free agency isn't even officially open yet, and you're upset. 

And no, I DON'T understand people being puzzled.

This team has shouted "We're going to build through the draft" and "we're going to be judicious in free agency" over and over. If people ignore that and expect them to go out and throw crazy money at a bunch of top free agents, they're setting THEMSELVES up for disappointment.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Dude. This is just getting weird now.

I agree with you AGAIN on this.

Williams should be the big fish for the Bills. 

Paradis will pick NYJ, because he is familiar with Adam Gase. 

And throwing ludicrous money at a guy whose career high sack season was 7?! That's a hard no for me.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Gore would've fit in almost any NFL era and there's nothing wrong if he's still got some life.  Good locker room presence I'm sure.  I could get behind Williams.

I'm most interested to see if McBeane can swing any trades.  The free agent market is typically thin and I''d like to see who becomes available and whether a deal gets made.

If they end up with a premier WR and fortify the OL and sign a guy like Gore...we'll, it'd be nice.  Offense has to be the priority from here on out, although pass rush needs help as well.

Yeah the trade market has more intriguing matches for Buffalo.    That's why the AB and Osemele trades were a bit disappointing.   Those guys were matches.   And bargains to be had, honestly.