So ...who knows where the Pegula jet is....

muppy

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not sure that the Vikings can take that cap hit though...

Yep this. The Vikings have like 4 million in cap space and would incur a 12 million dollar dead cap hit if they trade Diggs, saving like 500 thousand dollars. That means any trade of Diggs makes very little sense. 

Guys they can move move with no dead cap: Trae Waynes, Kyle Rudolph. Trading Adam Theilin saves something like 6 million with a 2 million dollar dead cap. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Diggs makes no sense. We have Foster, Brown, and Beasley. Where would he fit? I'm all for upgrading the position but we shouldn't give up on Foster that soon and we just gave John Brown a 3 year deal.

I doubt there is any legs to the Diggs rumor, just the cap issues alone make this hard to believe.

However, as much as I like Foster, there is no denying Diggs is better and having him wouldn't keep them from trading for Diggs IMO.  Sent them Zay and a pick for Diggs.  

Again, seriously doubt there is any legs here, but hey one can hope too though ha.

21 minutes ago, phillyguy1 said:

It’s got to be Rudolph. The tweet praising Bobby Johnson sounded like a passive aggressive plea to McBeane to come get him out of there. 

I wouldn’t hate it although I’d be more inclined to take Hochensen @ 9.  

33 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Diggs makes no sense. We have Foster, Brown, and Beasley. Where would he fit? I'm all for upgrading the position but we shouldn't give up on Foster that soon and we just gave John Brown a 3 year deal.

I don’t think that bringing in Diggs equates to giving up on Foster. He’d be a heck of a 4 and would still be fairly involved in the offense. 

We aren't really tied to Brown beyond this coming season. Best case scenario for Foster may actually be one more year of development. 

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I don’t think that bringing in Diggs equates to giving up on Foster. He’d be a heck of a 4 and would still be fairly involved in the offense. 

We aren't really tied to Brown beyond this coming season. Best case scenario for Foster may actually be one more year of development. 

True I guess Foster and Brown could split that role. Still doesn't seem like a smart use of resources to me considering we'd have to give up probably a 2nd for Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

True I guess Foster and Brown could split that role. Still doesn't seem like a smart use of resources to me considering we'd have to give up probably a 2nd for Diggs.

Trading a 2nd for Diggs is better than drafting an unknown WR in the 2nd who more than likely wont have half the career Diggs does just based on statistics.  Odds of finding an equivalent or better WR with our 2nd round pick are a losing proposition.  Doesn't mean we can't, just means its a low probability.  

That being said, we aren't trading for Diggs.  Minnesota cant afford to move him and he hasn't become a problem like AB and OBJ were where the teams rather take the dead cap imprisonment.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1