Bills official Top 30 pre-draft visits

https://twitter.com/80fredster23/status/1109524598318657536?s=21

#Bills to host Penn State CB Amani Oruwariye on pre-draft visit. @NFLDraft

@buffalobills. @PennStateFball

@ColdFrontReport

stud

5 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

CB Amani Oruwariye from Penn St plans pre draft visit to Buffalo (per his own social media)

Kid is big n fast with very good college production. Not sure if I'd spend a 2nd on him, but that's where he'll likely go

Very underrated player 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Am I the only one checking in here hoping to see TJ Hockenson's name on this list?

Probably not! Not me though.  I’m not hoping or expecting a TE in the 1st, and I like this player as a prospect but as someone who watches way too much Iowa football I definitely wouldn’t take him that high. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Guys I really love 

Devine Ozigbo

Terry McLaurin

Diontae Johnson

Kahale Warring

Dru Samia

Max Scharping

Maxx Crosby

Blake Cashman

Rock Ya Sin

Justin Layne

One of those years I wish we had two 2nd rounders and two 3rd rounders lol

I think we could get Dru in the 2nd and Maxx in the 3rd.    I can also see us trading later picks to have 2 2nds or 2 3rds.  perhaps both.  

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Probably not! Not me though.  I’m not hoping or expecting a TE in the 1st, and I like this player as a prospect but as someone who watches way too much Iowa football I definitely wouldn’t take him that high. 

Yolo: so you think Hock is not a 1st rounder???  I've only watched highlights, which of course make the prospect look great.  Good to hear from someone who watches a lot of Iowa football.   Are there any TE's 1st worthy in your opinion (I generally think there are not, this year seems different).   Who would you target for TE?  

On the other hand, watch Kroft bust out.  

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think we could get Dru in the 2nd and Maxx in the 3rd.    I can also see us trading later picks to have 2 2nds or 2 3rds.  perhaps both.  

Yolo: so you think Hock is not a 1st rounder???  I've only watched highlights, which of course make the prospect look great.  Good to hear from someone who watches a lot of Iowa football.   Are there any TE's 1st worthy in your opinion (I generally think there are not, this year seems different).   Who would you target for TE?  

He will go in the 1st. I would not take him, or any of the TEs in this draft, higher than the 2nd. Since I expect Hock to be gone by the 2nd, I would take Irv Smith in the 2nd or Sternberger in the 3rd.  I would take Fant in the 3rd but he won’t be there. I think it’s very tough to project a rookie TE to immediately produce. They typically don’t come in and start and produce at a high level as rookies. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I really hope Jawaan Taylor is still on the board at #9 and the Texans really, really love him and trade up. They have the 23rd, 55th and 56th picks in the Draft. Trade value says it matches up.

Imagine coming away with the following in the first two days of the Draft

1. Jerry Tillery-DL Notre Dame

2. Dru Samia-G Oklahoma

2. Justin Layne-CB Michigan St

2. Kahale Warring-TE San Diego St

3. Maxx Crosby-DE Eastern Michigan

• Like (+1) 2

I won't link it as I don't want to promote my own work, but NYUP's draft tracker is up to date and will be updated whenever news is reported. In addition to pre-draft visits and private workouts, we also have information on prospects that the Bills have reportedly reached out to/shown interest in.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/21/2019 at 9:25 PM, gonzo1105 said:

Ferguson scares me, he has a lot of production at the group of 5 level but looks stiff on tape and not a bend the edge kind of guy and he's not a great bull rusher. He might be the type that dominates college football and then underachieves in the NFL.

what are you talking about.....half his sacks came off a bull rush....its his main move

How much correlation has there been with visiting & being picked by the Bills? 

I didnt look look at their visits from 2017 & 2018, but how many of those guys that visited were actually drafted by McDermott (2017) and McBeane (2018)? 

14 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

How much correlation has there been with visiting & being picked by the Bills? 

I didnt look look at their visits from 2017 & 2018, but how many of those guys that visited were actually drafted by McDermott (2017) and McBeane (2018)? 

Generally, their first round pick is going to be a guy they've met and talked with several times. I can't recall for sure but I believe they met with Tre' White at the Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro Day and then had him in for one of their 30 visits. Same with Dawkins that year, I think. In 2018, they had obviously scouted and met with all of the top QBs and came away liking Allen the most. Sometimes a pre-draft visit means they just haven't had the chance to learn more about the player until then. Maybe they missed out on meeting with a player at the Combine or his Pro Day or whatever so the visit gives them a chance to see what a certain player is all about. But in general, if they made a visit, there's a strong likelihood that those 30 players are under serious consideration to be picked.

When Whaley was GM almost all of his picks had pre-draft visits. The only one that stood out that didn't visit was Kiko Alonso and that was because they were trying to hide their interest in him. That happens sometimes, too. 

13 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Generally, their first round pick is going to be a guy they've met and talked with several times. I can't recall for sure but I believe they met with Tre' White at the Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro Day and then had him in for one of their 30 visits. Same with Dawkins that year, I think. In 2018, they had obviously scouted and met with all of the top QBs and came away liking Allen the most. Sometimes a pre-draft visit means they just haven't had the chance to learn more about the player until then. Maybe they missed out on meeting with a player at the Combine or his Pro Day or whatever so the visit gives them a chance to see what a certain player is all about. But in general, if they made a visit, there's a strong likelihood that those 30 players are under serious consideration to be picked.

When Whaley was GM almost all of his picks had pre-draft visits. The only one that stood out that didn't visit was Kiko Alonso and that was because they were trying to hide their interest in him. That happens sometimes, too. 

They didn’t have White or Dawkins on a visit. But the Panthers did (for the conspiracy theorists) 

The only other 1st round pick since 2010 they haven’t had in for a visit was Shaq. 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:25 AM, Nanker said:

I can see why they have interest in him. 

Thank God for the mute button. But he is in the right colors. I heard he didn't do well at the Senior Bowl. Played in a weak conference for O-Line (CUSA) But looks explosive

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:57 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

I think that was Simmons. But yes the NFL is full of it. 

Fergusons ban is even dumber. A simple battery at a McDonalds or something. 

Did he ask for a special order @ McDonalds ?

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I really hope Jawaan Taylor is still on the board at #9 and the Texans really, really love him and trade up. They have the 23rd, 55th and 56th picks in the Draft. Trade value says it matches up.

Imagine coming away with the following in the first two days of the Draft

1. Jerry Tillery-DL Notre Dame

2. Dru Samia-G Oklahoma

2. Justin Layne-CB Michigan St

2. Kahale Warring-TE San Diego St

3. Maxx Crosby-DE Eastern Michigan

No

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/10/2019 at 7:12 PM, YoloinOhio said:
1. DL Maxx Crosby, Eastern Michigan (3-4)
2. TE Jace Sternberger, TE Texas A&M (3-4)
3. DL Ed Oliver, Houston (1)
4. OL Nate Davis, Charlotte  (4-5)
5. TE Dawson Knox, Ole Miss (4-5)
6. CB Amani Oruwariye, Penn State (1-2)
7. CB JoeJuan Williams, Vanderbilt (2-3)
8. DE Brian Burns, FSU (?) (1)

Why is it called a top 30? I don’t recall that terminology in prior years, is this something new?