Bills official Top 30 pre-draft visits

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Wasn’t he something like 15 and the woman he pummeled was fighting with his mama?

Think he’s been okay since then though. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

yep.   I believe in second chances, especially when you were 15.  And I don't believe in double jeopardy.  Why should you be punished for something you did when you were 15, and already paid a price? 

I think that was Simmons. But yes the NFL is full of it. 

Fergusons ban is even dumber. A simple battery at a McDonalds or something. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think that was Simmons. But yes the NFL is full of it. 

Fergusons ban is even dumber. A simple battery at a McDonalds or something. 

He got in a fight at McDs in HS. Sometimes I think the nfl does things just for show. Banning a guy from the combine for that seems a bit over the top 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Wasn’t he something like 15 and the woman he pummeled was fighting with his mama?

Think he’s been okay since then though. 

I don’t know the details, but I’ll give a kid a second chance for most transgressions. The lack of flack over this tells me it might not be that big of a deal, even though I think I’ve seen some horrific video. Life can be pretty darn complicated.... I form opinions, but I’m not qualified to be the judge. 

On 3/10/2019 at 8:13 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I thought Crosby was under the radar but I noticed he’s been discussed a lot by draft guys recently. Combine results will do that. He was really productive in the MAC and his film vs Purdue should be pretty good (I watched the broadcast and he jumped out)

The cover1 guys turned me on to him. Yeah his Purdue tape was good. 

I am really hoping WR Keelan Doss shows up on this list.  He is a perfect fit for the Bills and this coaching staff in my opinion.  He got injured benching at the combine which has helped keep him off the radar, but I would LOVE it if we could get him in the 4th round or so...

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Buffalo Rumblings has a tracker but they don’t have Ferguson or Knox. Either they missed it or We read it wrong on those two and it’s a private workout at their school instead of a top 30 visit. Guess we will see. 

The Bills had dinner with Ferguson prior to his pro day only from what Tony Pauline said. No mention of a visit to one bills drive 

On 3/10/2019 at 7:12 PM, YoloinOhio said:
1. DL Maxx Crosby, Eastern Michigan 
2. TE Jace Sternberger, TE Texas A&M
3. DL Ed Oliver, Houston
4. OL Nate Davis, Charlotte 
5. DL Jaylon Ferguson, Louisiana Tech 
6. TE Dawson Knox, Ole Miss

Thanks for keeping track of this, Yolo. Past couple years it's been pretty tough to find out who they're visiting with but this year seems a bit more open. Good stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Bills had dinner with Ferguson prior to his pro day only from what Tony Pauline said. No mention of a visit to one bills drive 

Ok - it was posted in here so I thought it was a visit. I’ll edit. 

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

Thanks for keeping track of this, Yolo. Past couple years it's been pretty tough to find out who they're visiting with but this year seems a bit more open. Good stuff.

The team doesn’t announce the visits so it’s entirely dependent on reporters finding out. Sometimes the colleges and agents report it too. But the Bills don’t really benefit from telling anyone so its sporadic finding them out. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ok - it was posted in here so I thought it was a visit. I’ll edit. 

The team doesn’t announce the visits so it’s entirely dependent on reporters finding out. Sometimes the colleges and agents report it too. But the Bills don’t really benefit from telling anyone so its sporadic finding them out. 

Definitely. Totally opposite of when Whaley was here. I remember he was on WGR talking about who they'd met with and who was still coming in. I mean, I guess it's not bad if word leaks out about who you're visiting with but as you said, they don't really gain anything by it so why not just keep it all in-house. 

Also opposite of Whaley is how often this front office meets with/drafts small school prospects. Whaley was always drafting from Clemson, Bama, etc. because he figured those players were so accustomed to winning that it would carry over to the Bills. And so far McBeane has visited with players from Louisiana Tech, Eastern Michigan, Houston, and Charlotte. If you can play, they'll find you.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Thanks for posting this. I feel like it’s not necessarily the player they have in but the positions they are looking at and general round they are looking for that positional value is what is most to gain from this IMO. 

I agree with that. The only one that drafted last year who they brought in for a visit was Allen. But they brought in 2 1st round LB - Roquan Smith and Vander Esch. So even though it was obvious they were taking a QB first, they clearly were targeting a LB high too and got one. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dawson Knox another traditional Y tight end. 

Interesting. 

Seems we prefer guys that are proficient in blocking. 

I continue to beat the TJ Hockenson drum and to me this is more evidence 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree with that. The only one that drafted last year who they brought in for a visit was Allen. But they brought in 2 1st round LB - Roquan Smith and Vander Esch. So even though it was obvious they were taking a QB first, they clearly were targeting a LB high too and got one. 

Exactly