LeVeon Bell to Ravens?

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He’s not a passer.  Just like Tyrod Taylor.   If you make Lamar actually play QB he’s not effective.  Look what the Chargers did to him in the playoffs.  I guess he could work in a heavy RPO offense similar to what RG3 ran in Washington....

I wouldn’t hitch my wagon to Lamar Jackson, JMO.

Yup.  And guys like that will always win some games, but sooner or later you need to throw the ball downfield to win a key game.  If Taylor had the ability to do that, he'd still be the Bills QB.

2 hours ago, vincec said:

Roman's scheme, Lamar Jackson plus Bell = #1 rushing team in the league. But I'm not sure he's going there, luckily.

Again, Bell need's a very good to elite OL like Pittsburgh, he waits for the hole to open up before he hits it (That's what she said). I don't think bell is a good fit for that offense imo of course and Lamar Jackson now has a good deal of tape on him and how to play him. Maybe he'll still run all over defenses but the good teams will most likely at least have some ssort of an answer for him. Don't get me wrong Bell will be awesome no matter where he goes because of his dual threat capability but will be most effective with a top notch OL due to his running style, the Jets and Ravens don't have that type of OL imo but that doesn't mean they can't upgrade those positions in the draft or FA.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

1 hour ago, GymShorts84 said:

That defense was very good. 75 passing yards per game and 12 fumbles, I don’t see an upside.    But what about the rushing yards?

147 rushes for 695 yards

Josh Allen 

89 rushes for 631 yards

I like Josh Allen more too.

I also wouldn't cut bait on a rookie QB with a 6-2 record and playoff berth

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Bell is a great all around back but he needs a dominant offensive line which the Ravens don't have imo. He waits to hit the holes, much like Brown his best bet is the Steelers or Cowboys both of which don't need his services.

Thank you. I’ve been saying this for over a year now. 

We’ll see how he performs when he doesn’t have a top 3 line giving him a full second to pick a hole or a top 5 pass game to back defenses off. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The rumor is Moseley to AZ

wow.  taking Bell over Mosley is crazy.   Bell will disappoint.   His waiting to hit the hole running style won’t work everywhere.  Plus he has been away from FB for a year.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He’s not a passer.  Just like Tyrod Taylor.   If you make Lamar actually play QB he’s not effective.  Look what the Chargers did to him in the playoffs.  I guess he could work in a heavy RPO offense similar to what RG3 ran in Washington....

He has trouble learning an offense.  If they keep the same offense for a while he could be dangerous.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

gotta be able to throw it in today's NFL.  LJ doesn't throw it well enough IMHO.  that fact will come out in time.

15 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Does this mean that they’re pretty confident that LJ is their dude, and therefore, can absorb Bell’s ridiculous deal because they’ll have a starting QB still under his rookie deal for 4 years?  

Well they’re getting rid of Flacco’s $20M+ deal also

15 hours ago, FLFan said:

Master of his craft?  Seriously?  Master at whining, self agrandisement, and greed is more like it.  The last year he played he missed time to injury.  Chances are exponentially greater now.  He is going to get paid and be a footnote.  Just my opinion of course, but I do not share your respect for Bell's dedication to craft.  

When did he whine or show some overpowering selfish ego.. It's not a new concept in professional sports to seek a new contract in the Free Agent market. Kept his mouth shut and sought out more guaranteed second contract as all runningbacks with limited shelf life absolutely need to get. They get 1 great contract after their rookie deal typically. 

These guys play for money. If Bell's greedy for being a professional football player, everybody is greedy lol. If you think his injury risk is "exponentially greater now" and he's garbage at RB then he's best served getting FA $$$, for his past performance.. (over-performing his rookie contract by a MILE), from 29 teams that do not share your opinion right?

Maybe his body will break down, he won't do well outside the Steelers offense, and "get paid and be a footnote", but that's an unfair assessment on his character IMO.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Makes a ton of sense! I like that. 

Makes the Ravens running game a 2 headed monster. Helps cover Lamar's weaknesses passing having the best league check down option. AND BELL GETS TO EAT THE STEELERS DEFENSE IN DIVISION NEXT YEAR.

That makes for a fun narrative. I'm all for it

Agreee.

This wud be awesome to watch.  Especially with greg Romans runplay designs.

That my friends is good booking

Latest rumor is Jets

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jets-seen-as-favorites-to-land-leveon-bell/ar-BBUCy3W?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=ACERDHP17

Regarding Bells dependency on a line. His is less than Shady's (by like 1000x, now that McCoy is old and broken down) .  Bells effectiveness has a receiver is also pretty independent of the line.  

8 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Latest rumor is Jets

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jets-seen-as-favorites-to-land-leveon-bell/ar-BBUCy3W?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=ACERDHP17

Regarding Bells dependency on a line. His is less than Shady's (by like 1000x, now that McCoy is old and broken down) .  Bells effectiveness has a receiver is also pretty independent of the line.  

I think a Gase-Bell match is interesting, because they are both ego maniacs. Should be a great fit.