Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

...because the Bills wouldn't pay him what he wanted.

Why would they be willing to trade for him but not pay him? They have plenty of cap space it’s only 3 years and the last year isn’t even guaranteed. Don’t be dense. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/antonio-brown-6702/

Edited by Chemical

Just now, stony said:

Not how I interpreted it.

There isn't much that needs to be interpreted. Rosenhaus is on tape telling AB that he didn't even give us a number because he didn't want to go there. Borwn said Yeah don't even  waste your time on the bills. Then there was a song and dance to save face and now Terry says that AB made the decision. It's pretty black and white = it fell apart because AB didn't want to come here and no $ was even given to the bills...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

7 minutes ago, stony said:

Not how I interpreted it.

It doesn't exclude him deciding not to come to Buffalo because of what Brandon said.  Had he been traded to a good team, meaning not Oakland which was one of the worst, I'd be less inclined to take this position.

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Why would they be willing to trade for him but not pay him? They have plenty of cap space it’s only 3 years and the last year isn’t even guaranteed. Don’t be dense. 

He had a contract already, skippy.  You see if he'll play under his old deal so that you can cut him easily if he declines or becomes a cancer.

Edited by Doc

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

It doesn't exclude him deciding not to come to Buffalo because of what Brandon said.  Had he been traded to a good team, meaning not Oakland, I'd be less inclined to take this position.

He had a contract already, skippy.  You see if he'll play under his old deal so that you can cut him easily if he declines or becomes a cancer.

No way he would be cut...:lol:

Just now, Doc said:

It doesn't exclude him deciding not to come to Buffalo because of what Brandon said. 

He had a contract already, skippy.

What are you trying to say? His new deal is only 2 years guaranteed so after next year he can be cut with only 300k dead cap. You think that was the deal breaker for Beane with all the cap space we have this year and next?

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

What are you trying to say? His new deal is only 2 years guaranteed so after next year he can be cut with only 300k dead cap. You think that was the deal breaker for Beane with all the cap space we have this year and next?

Cap space isn't an issue.  And who knows what he was asking for from the Bills.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Basically, AB wanted nothing to do with us. It is what it is and it’s over with.

And if that's the way it happened, I'm glad.  I never wanted him here in the first place and I expect you'll see him pull this same stunt in 2 years.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

As I said before, this looks like a diva throwing a tantrum because someone (Buffalo) didn't bow to his demands.  Why would he be this fixated on Buffalo otherwise?  Buffalo had the audacity to not give the legend in his own mind everything he wanted.

If I was a FA and said to my agent, "You know, not Buffalo." then got Vegas, I'd be happy.  I didn't want to go to Buffalo, I didn't go there.  That would be the end of it.  I wouldn't be like "You know who sucks?  Buffalo.", "Buffalo is my least favorite city in New York.", "Did I mention Vegas = Yay!, Buffalo = Boo!", "I could have gone to Buffalo, but didn't want to.", "You know a city I don't like?  Buffalo.", "Buffalo is a city full of doo-doo heads!", "Man, I'm glad I didn't go to Buffalo." ...etc.

For someone that supposedly wanted nothing to do with Buffalo, he certainly can't stop talking about it, can he?  That's the behavior of someone who is seriously butt-hurt, not someone who simply didn't want to come here from the start.

Makes no sense in the context of this audio recording. AB isn't the one who's butthurt.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Cap space isn't an issue.  And who knows what he was asking for from the Bills.

And if that's the way it happened, I'm glad.  I never wanted him here in the first place and I expect you'll see him pull this same stunt in 2 years.

It never got to that point he scoffed at the idea. 

The Bills GM wanted him here and I’m glad. Almost got one of the top players at the biggest need position. Guess you’ll have to be mad a Beane now for trying.