Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

11 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I'm very glad this came out, because now it'll only be people who are truly in denial (see: John Murphy, and some in this thread) who still believe that Beane nixed this.

What some of you are saying is hilarious and not believable in any way. Just accept the fact that some people really do feel the way AB does about Buffalo.

Rapoport's reports were true, from the deal being close to AB not wanting to go to Buffalo. It was the BILLS doing all of the damage control in this situation. This phone call confirms what was obvious in the first place... The reason they didn't talk compensation is because AB made clear to Rosenhaus that he didn't want to go to Buffalo. I can't wait to hear Murphy explain this away tomorrow. We now have hard evidence that AB balked at the Bills, yet Murph will probably still try to twist it somehow and say that no one feels that way. ?

AB is making fun of the Bills now because he was offended by the suggestion that the Bills walked away. He thinks it's funny that they're doing damage control and wants the truth to be known. He started this all the way back on the first night with #fakenews.

You can believe what you want.  That he went to the Raiders proves it was about money.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

You an believe what you want.  That he went to the Raiders proves it was about money.

No, it doesn't. Players don't look at last year's records. It's about tradition and perception. The Raiders are a sexier organization, period. Not to mention better weather and more celebrity. The evidence clearly indicates that AB didn't want to go to Buffalo, period, so money wasn't even discussed. Just accept it and move on.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Your last sentence destroys your argument.  The Raiders don't win and he had no problem going there.  You know why?  Because they "show'd him da money!"

Or they have a former pro bowl qb who just threw for the 2nd most yards any Bills qb has ever had in a bad year.  Plus, they paid him and are going to Vegas.

Some of you really believe if DR and AB said they were super excited to come to Buffalo and play with Allen, we won’t have paid him too? Come on.

and I never wanted Brown.  That’s why I hated all this. I knew we get trashed if we did this.  But to act like we are better off getting clowned by Briwn because we got John Brown and Cole is silly. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

No, it doesn't. Players don't look at last year's records. It's about tradition and perception. The Raiders are a sexier organization, period. Not to mention better weather and more celebrity. The evidence clearly indicates that AB didn't want to go to Buffalo, period, so money wasn't even discussed. Just accept it and move on.

No, it was about money.  The Bills didn't want to pay him.  Move along now junior.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Rosenhaus stressed that he would make the right decision for Brown’s next landing spot and used the Bills as an example of a team that he wouldn’t even negotiate with.

“When the Bills called me today they said, ‘If we make the trade, what are you guys looking for?’ And I wouldn’t even give them a number because I know you’d rather not go there.”

Brown added, “Yeah, don’t even waste time (on the Bills)."

The audio contradicts what Rosenhaus told the NFL Network shortly after Brown joined the Raiders.

F**K A.B.!!! :wallbash:

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or they have a former pro bowl qb who just threw for the 2nd most yards any Bills qb has ever had in a bad year.  Plus, they paid him and are going to Vegas.

Some of you really believe if DR and AB said they were super excited to come to Buffalo and play with Allen, we won’t have paid him too? Come on.

They have a former Pro Bowl QB who the Raiders' coach can't wait to get rid of.  They also had a worse record last year despite all those yards.

And yes, I think that when Beane heard he wanted to be paid again just 2 years after getting a huge deal, he decided to nix the trade. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This was obvious from the beginning. Some people preferred the alternative that Beane decided against the move because of A.B's contract demands.

It's really OK if one player didn't want to be in Buffalo. It's much easier to let go of "anger" when you just accept it. 

He's on the Raiders. Meh.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m being 100% serious here. I really wish I still had this crazy belief in the Bills.  

Believe what you want, CB.  It doesn't affect me in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

This was obvious from the beginning. Some people preferred the alternative that Beane decided against the move because of A.B's contract demands.

It's really OK if one player didn't want to be in Buffalo. It's much easier to let go of "anger" when you just accept it. 

He's on the Raiders. Meh.

That’s why it was so dumb.  They talk about culture then pursue the total player of that.  We were going to be AB’s punishment.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s why it was so dumb.  They talk about culture then pursue the total player of that.  We were going to be AB’s punishment.  

See. I actually wanted AB, but that's a different discussion. Totally understand the reasoning for those that didn't.

The point about winning is this; in a city like Buffalo(or Pittsburgh/Green Bay/Cleveland, winning or the appearance you're on the precipice of winning changes everything. Oakland still has a certain lure that we simply don't have at the moment.(Despite their recent failure) That's where winning comes in. We start winning and suddenly Buffalo is a place players want to be.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Words are cheap.  Actions speak louder.  He's talking because the Bills rejected him first and he can't handle it.

How do you figure? The Bills and Steelers agreed to compensation. AB then turned down the Bills. Beane finally admitted it. Not the other way around. 

• Like (+1) 1

Brown would have been a disaster for Allen.  That's about the last thing that Allen needs right now.  

I'm curious why Beane was even talking to them.  What happened to this team player thing that they've been preaching.  Brown's about as egotistical as they make 'em in the NFL.  

I wouldn't bet yesterday's lunch that there's harmony in Oakland this season.