Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

27 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

This lends more credence to mine and others belief that Rappaport was actually right. The Bills and Steelers agreed on a trade. Then they had to see what AB may want even though he was already under contract. When Rosenhaus told him about the imminent trade, that was Brown's response. And the deal was sunk. 

That’s actually what Beane said too

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Big Whoop.   I wouldn't go to Buffalo either if I was in AB's position.   

Picking the city and organization you work for is a once in a lifetime opportunity for any pro football player...

And the Raiders organization is better than the Bills?

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And the Raiders organization is better than the Bills?

Hummm..    Buffalo versus Vegas.    I wonder which city is more fun to live in nine months a year....

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, eball said:

AB continuing to bring up Buffalo completely reeks of someone who is upset that Buffalo didn't want to cave in to his demands.

The dude is an egomaniac.  He's "celebrating" going to the Raiders.

The whole thing is rather entertaining, and I don't for one moment think it's reflecting poorly upon Buffalo or the Bills.

Was I this big of a homer??? ?

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Hummm..    Buffalo versus Vegas.    I wonder which city is more fun to live in nine months a year....

I understand that. But you said city and organization. Seems like one for Raiders and one for Bills. Plus 33% of his contract is in a ***** city, Oakland. ;)

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's further than Beane had previously been willing to go but what I always thought happened. It was the only thing that made sense. 

Right - He obviously doesn’t come out and say “it didn’t go anywhere because AB had no interest in negotiating with us,” but it’s clear where it broke down and we can assume the rest from AB’s petty warz 

YAWN - WHO CARES

Seriously, who really cares?  Why does this bother anyone?  Why does it matter if he did or did not want to come here?  Honestly cant believe this is still being talked about...and yes I know its the offseason, but man let it go.  

This on going story is like some dude who got married and has a great wife, but still cant get over some hot, but old, skank in a bar turning them down one time.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Picking the city and organization you work for is a once in a lifetime opportunity for any pro football player...

That is all true.

What many are saying is  AB  should have picked better. He will be past his prime when Raiders start winning again.

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This is a bit of a straw man as I don't know that anyone is arguing whether he has the right to not go to Buffalo. Personally, I lived in Buffalo and left -- and for most of the time, if I had a choice of a job in my field (not that i really have a "field" per se) in NYC or Buffalo, I'd choose NYC. Lately, we've talked about moving to WNY,  but that's mostly b/c I've been doing part-time, we're not really taking advantage of NYC anyway, and prices here are exhausting. If I were a football player, I'd like to think I'd pick Buffalo b/c of the community vibe and adulation of fans, but who knows, and unless I stumble upon a reverse Zoltar machine, I'm pretty sure that will never be a scenario :).

The issue in this thread is his incessant need to rag on the town, team, and fanbase -- all this after he pretty much won and got all he wanted -- the team, the contract, and everything. It's bizarre, and while we should have a thick skin, it's just plain dumb. 

Edited by thurst44

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

news like this feeds the fan base who think nothing good can happen for the Bills. I didn’t want Brown and could care less how many ways he says he didn’t want to play for Buffalo.

I agree but I don’t how why we tried to pursue him in the first place.  All we was get embarrassed as a franchise and have unnecessary shots taken at Buffalo.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Was I this big of a homer??? ?

Dude, give it a rest.  You may not have been as big of a homer, but you're certainly proving yourself to be one hell of a jackass.

Can’t blame the guy for not coming here.  Buffalo is top 3 worse market in the NFL, might be the worse. 

Plus the economic conditions and high taxes make Western/Northern NY undesirable. 

This will work out for both parties, obviously he is not a process guy. 

Edited by Chill

1 minute ago, thurst44 said:

This is a bit of a straw man as I don't know that anyone is arguing whether he has the right to not go to Buffalo. Personally, I lived in Buffalo and left -- and for most of the time, if I had a choice of a job in my field (not that i really have a "field" per se) in NYC or Buffalo, I'd choose NYC. Lately, we've talked about moving to WNY,  but that's mostly b/c I've been doing part-time, we're not really taking advantage of NYC anyway, and prices here are exhausting. If I were a football player, I'd like to think I'd pick Buffalo b/c of the community vibe and adulation of fans, but who knows, and unless I stumble upon a Zoltan, I'm pretty sure that will never be a scenario :).

The issue in this thread is his incessant need to rag on the town, team, and fanbase -- all this after he pretty much won and got all he wanted -- the team, the contract, and everything. It's bizarre, and while we should have a thick skin, it's just plain dumb. 

I believe it’s not so much about Buffalo as it’s about:

1). We’ve been a bad team

2). The league perception of Allen isn’t close league wide as it is here

Brown would have went to Green Bay if they traded for him.  Qb and winning are the real ways you build culture.  Hopefully, Allen will get there.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Dude, give it a rest.  You may not have been as big of a homer, but you're certainly proving yourself to be one hell of a jackass.

Because I call you out on your BS?  You’re completely delusional if you believed what you wrote.  

• Like (+1) 1