Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

I wonder if he’s lying. He does have to continue doing business with them, and wouldn’t want to say he didn’t want to go there. But so many sides to this... 

Just now, whatdrought said:

I mean, that’s essentially what Beane said... I don’t know why he pulled out, but i trust him to make that decision. (So many jokes to be made)

Well the story was he backed out due to the contract. Beane didn’t say that but everyone else did. According to Rosenhaus it sounds like it never even got that far?

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if he’s lying. He does have to continue doing business with them, and wouldn’t want to say he didn’t want to go there. But so many sides to this... 

Well the story was he backed out due to the contract. Beane didn’t say that but everyone else did. According to Rosenhaus it sounds like it never even got that far?

Beane actually said something along the lines of it just didn’t make sense. I don’t think he ever gave a reason. Ideas about AB saying no, Contract being too rich, and compensation being too high has mostly been from media, unless I’m mistaken.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Somehow I think the Twitter responses and timeline shows a different storyline.  Drew's lying just to protect his client. It's all moot anyway because AB would've been awful for this team.

Exactly.  At the same time, he’s an agent and it would be stupid to alienate any team. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Beane actually said something along the lines of it just didn’t make sense. I don’t think he ever gave a reason. Ideas about AB saying no, Contract being too rich, and compensation being too high has mostly been from media, unless I’m mistaken.

Correct. Beane’s story matches Rosenhaus. All the reports say otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 4

We in the habit of taking NFL player agents--especially ones as notorious as Rosenhouse--at their word now?

Seems to me he's trying to save face for his idiot client at this point.

Beane pulled out, but I'd bet it was the effect of something on AB's part.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I really think Beane and Rosenhaus said is true. Bill's might of pulled out cause of money.  I think maybe Steelers side jump the gun to Rapoport. Someone did.

Rosenhaus said he didn’t know why. Even though all the reports say it was the money. Pretty easy to just say “Antonio wanted to be paid what he was worth and we fleeced Mayock *cough* I mean he was great to deal with...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

This is where i am at on the matter. Mentioned in other threads. Pursuing Brown hard wouldbe very out of character for McBeanes
But Beane did the right thing, at least he made the call to Pittsburgh. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well that ends that. 

yea right  

: )

Don't the Bills (Overdorf) and Rosenhaus have a pretty decent relationship?  I know Rosenhaus has a reputation, but I thought it hasn't really been an issue with the Bills.

My point being, I don't think Rosenhaus was the reason that this deal fell through.  It also makes sense for Rosenhaus to "keep the Bills happy".

• Like (+1) 2