Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha.  You would have said the opposite if we got Brown.  

Nope, I was not happy that we were trading for Brown. I would have accepted it at the right price, but that was not the move I wanted us to make. I have lots of Steelers fan friends, they know I wasn’t happy. They were also fine with him leaving. 

7 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I really think Beane and Rosenhaus said is true. Bill's might of pulled out cause of money.  I think maybe Steelers side jump the gun to Rapoport. Someone did.

I figure Buf offered the best compensation to the Team but werent sure on the money.  I figure they already pulled out and that is why AB said fake news.  

At least that is what I will tell myself to sleep at night.

9 minutes ago, billspro said:

Nope, I was not happy that we were trading for Brown. I would have accepted it at the right price, but that was not the move I wanted us to make. I have lots of Steelers fan friends, they know I wasn’t happy. They were also fine with him leaving. 

And that is what you and they say to sleep at night.?

Edited by formerlyofCtown

24 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I figure Buf offered the best compensation to the Team but werent sure on the money.  I figure they already pulled out and that is why AB said fake news.  

I think this is probably how it went down as well. So all of the reporters were essentially correct. Rappaport  said that the Steelers and Bills had agreed on a trade in principle. However, both Vic and JW said that a trade was very unlikely.  Beane wisely decided that the risk was to great to pay a player who has made it abundantly clear that he would be more than willing to sit out a huge new guaranteed contract.

Edited by 2003Contenders

25 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I slept worse the night I thought we traded for him haha 

Also, the Steelers have lost plenty of good old WRs before and they always replace them with a mid round pick that become great. I’m sure that will happen again, that is how winning organizations work.

Edited by billspro

15 minutes ago, billspro said:

I slept worse the night I thought we traded for him haha 

Also, the Steelers have lost plenty of good old WRs before and they always replace them with a mid round pick that become great. I’m sure that will happen again, that is how winning organizations work.

True.

• Like (+1) 1

To be honest schefters reporting from espn makes it seem like rapaport is just an amateur and got the story wrong and jumped the gun.  Bean had to come out in the AM and release a statement as we were being flamed nationally throughout the night.

Rapaport tried to save face and continued to act like a deal was ALMOST THROUGH but just fell apart at last second because the alternative was that he was completely wrong and premature.

Personally, i feel like he should be fired.

I dont believe bean ever had any interest in giving AB a max deal

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if he’s lying. He does have to continue doing business with them, and wouldn’t want to say he didn’t want to go there. But so many sides to this... 

Well the story was he backed out due to the contract. Beane didn’t say that but everyone else did. According to Rosenhaus it sounds like it never even got that far?

about time people started listening to me ?

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

he's the guy who pulled Jason Peters out of buffalo , because it was buffalo

That wasn’t him. Peters agent was Eugene Parker. Rosenhaus is Shady’s agent. He might be a snake (what agent isn’t?) but he does his job very well -which is nearly 100% about getting his clients as much guaranteed $ as possible

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, billspro said:

I like that Beane sets a value on players and doesn’t go over that. I trust that he will build a championship team. We have a good vision right now.

I like that too but we'll see how well it works in FA. Depending on the market you may need to overpay here and there

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if he’s lying. He does have to continue doing business with them, and wouldn’t want to say he didn’t want to go there. But so many sides to this... 

Well the story was he backed out due to the contract. Beane didn’t say that but everyone else did. According to Rosenhaus it sounds like it never even got that far?

Just my opinion, but that's what I think.  Bills and Steelers got very far on a deal, to the point Rappaport (who isn't going to risk his rep on a chance) felt comfortable reporting it.  AB nuked it.  Beane and Rosenhaus are working together to save face because Rosenhaus knows Beane is sitting on a mountain of money right now.

Makes a heck of a lot more sense than the "Beane trolled everyone" crowd.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Just my opinion, but that's what I think.  Bills and Steelers got very far on a deal, to the point Rappaport (who isn't going to risk his rep on a chance) felt comfortable reporting it.  AB nuked it.  Beane and Rosenhaus are working together to save face because Rosenhaus knows Beane is sitting on a mountain of money right now.

Makes a heck of a lot more sense than the "Beane trolled everyone" crowd.

I strongly suspect that this is the case too. I think everyone here needs to factor in that a player of this caliber and with this sort of contract has a huge say in these deals. He has more power than the teams, arguably, and I don’t believe for a nansecond that Antonio Brown -- probably the best receiver in the NFL at the moment — wanted to come to Buffalo.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm honestly thrilled .

No WAY Beane was giving him 17-18 mil Per with 10 mil per guaranteed and I don't blame him. I'd be pretty mad if he did end up giving him that size of contract . That's a ridiculous amount of $ I'd only give to a QB and possibly pass rusher