What is the exact time negotiations can begin?

1 minute ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I know clubs can start contacting agents on the 11th, so does that mean tonight at midnight? After the AB fiasco I got a feeling we may be a little aggressive.....? Go Bills!!!

Fiasco for whom?  Beane handled himself very well this week -- an overzealous national beat reporter, no so much.

Anyway, I don't know the answer to your question.

• Like (+1) 5

Tonight at midnight is the legal tampering period where they can start actual negotiations,  based on previous years we will start to hear who is going where. Wednesday is when the deals can be signed and visits can begin. The talks started at the combine though (illegally) 

edit - I’m wrong it’s 12pm est tomorrow. Yay for sleep. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tonight at midnight is the legal tampering period where they can start actual negotiations,  based on previous years we will start to hear who is going where. Wednesday is when the deals can be signed and visits can begin. The talks started at the combine though (illegally) 

Definitely. To think agents and teams haven’t been speaking in ‘ hypothetical ‘ terms for awhile is just silly. 

IIRC the Haynesworth deal with the Redskins was done at 1201 am. That’s was a big deal to get done In 1 minute.

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Definitely. To think agents and teams haven’t been speaking in ‘ hypothetical ‘ terms for awhile is just silly. 

IIRC the Haynesworth deal with the Redskins was done at 1201 am. That’s was a big deal to get done In 1 minute.

I think Suh to Miami was another 12:01 deal 

• Like (+1) 1

From what I have read on various websites, I believe the free agency negotiation period begins at 4 pm tomorrow (March 11th).  This surprised me because I seem to recall it always started at 12:01am in previous years.  Maybe it has changed?

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Are you sure? This article indicates it started at noon last year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/12/nfl-free-agency-legan-tampering-period-los-angeles-rams/amp/

NFL free agency doesn’t officially begin until Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET, but the unofficial start comes on Monday at noon ET. That kicks off what the league calls the “legal tampering” period, allowing teams to negotiate contracts with other teams’ unrestricted free agents.

3 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

From what I have read on various websites, I believe the free agency negotiation period begins at 4 pm tomorrow (March 11th).  This surprised me because I seem to recall it always started at 12:01am in previous years.  Maybe it has changed?

I believe the 4pm time is on the 13th, which is when the 2018 contracts expire 

2 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

That’s great because I don’t need to be up all night again so soon after Thursday night.... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1