Would you want the Bills to trade a high pick for Julio Jones and make him the highest paid WR?

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Mike Evans is my newest Trade TGT. 

Just signed a new contract last year though but again TB in the start of yet another rebuild. 

Now that is the expensive WR I’d be happy if they traded to get.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I wouldn’t get completely out of the 1st. If you can get a deal like Pitt gave for AB. Swap of 1st for Jones then we are talking. 

Bills get 14 and Jones

Atl gets 9 and toss in a 4th. Maybe flip seconds too. 

That would be ideal. I was just trying to be realistic knowing that while there could be some willingness to take a call about Julio, I don’t know if they are motivated to move him so it would take more. But swapping 1sts? Pick 40? Hell yes. 

Im not nearly as concerned about the fact he just turned 30 as most of you. Hes a proven elite talent. How long of a contract does it even need to be? Most of these guys prefer shorter deals as long as they get their guaranteed money. We already know who he is ... drafting a rookie or signing some FA who another team didn’t want to keep is very optimistic that he’d be anywhere near as good as Julio. 

I’ve said previously the only way the Bills are getting a proven “#1” receiver is via a trade. To me that means you have to inquire about:

Brown(they did)

Jones

OBJ

Evans

OBJ and Evans would obviously cost more but those teams are rebuilding and a WR is not the cornerstone of your franchise. I mean look what Oakland just pulled off. Swapped Cooper, a 3rd and 5th for Brown and a 1st. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

I’ve said previously the only way the Bills are getting a proven “#1” receiver is via a trade. To me that means you have to inquire about:

Brown(they did)

Jones

OBJ

Evans

OBJ and Evans would obviously cost more but those teams are rebuilding and a WR is not the cornerstone of your franchise. I mean look what Oakland just pulled off. Swapped Cooper, a 3rd and 5th for Brown and a 1st. 

It seems like the Bills certainly believe that they need number 1. They went all in to obtain the best receiver in the game. I don’t think that they take their ball and go home. They will be exploring any and all opportunities to get Allen an elite target.

• Like (+1) 1

I would have no problem with the Bills trading for Jones and upping his pay to $17 million a season for the next two years (remaining years on his deal). 

He led the league in yards last year and has averaged 1600 yards over the last 5 years, with 6+ TD's in 4 of 5 seasons.

He has never acted in the media like AB has, and he also has provided plenty of reason why he needs a raise.

He would be an awesome teacher for our young receivers and how to go about things the right way.

Would I trade a first?  No.  At 30 years old he has maybe 3 years left.  Three years of number 1 receiver numbers isn't worth losing out on a player like Edmunds or Tre White, guys who can lead your team for a decade.  Not even sure i'd give a 2nd, which could provide a team a solid starter for 8-10 years.  For a 3rd, absolutely.

But that's the rub. Not sure Atlanta would take ONLY a 3rd for him.  Maybe a 3rd and a player.  Unless he made such a stink behind the scenes that Atlanta decided to move him and think young. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It seems like the Bills certainly believe that they need number 1. They went all in to obtain the best receiver in the game. I don’t think that they take their ball and go home. They will be exploring any and all opportunities to get Allen an elite target.

Yea definitely. This shows me they know what they need to do. And they were willing to give up the most for Brown, it appears. Sticking point seemed to be the salary.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lmao.

Hes the best WR in the NFL.

So?   

That's like putting a 426 hemi in a VW bug.     Great for smoking the tires but not very effective, given the underlying chassis...

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah the moral of the story is that the antiquated process of putting all of the guarantees in the front of a superstar's contract doesn't make sense in a league where everyone has tons of cap dollars to spend.    

Too much financial incentive to break a contract once the guarantees are gone.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That would be ideal. I was just trying to be realistic knowing that while there could be some willingness to take a call about Julio, I don’t know if they are motivated to move him so it would take more. But swapping 1sts? Pick 40? Hell yes. 

Im not nearly as concerned about the fact he just turned 30 as most of you. Hes a proven elite talent. How long of a contract does it even need to be? Most of these guys prefer shorter deals as long as they get their guaranteed money. We already know who he is ... drafting a rookie or signing some FA who another team didn’t want to keep is very optimistic that he’d be anywhere near as good as Julio. 

It was more about giving up the 9th pick in the draft as well as the biggest WR contract for a 30 yr old WR.  If we are talking a more reasonable trade, then I’d be in - even with a  contract like AB’s. 

37 minutes ago, vorpma said:

No kidding, man you are all over it! Not disputing the trade attempt - kind of known by all - but dispute the attempt at integrating insider information cited without sourcing that attempts to make Beane look like a fool because you want something and want it now!

No this trade is proof Beane is out of his depth. AB went for a 3rd and a 5th. Beane offered to swap 1st and a 3rd for a player who must be traded. He's only here because he's friends with McDermott.

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know Sanu’s contract offhand but no way in hell they trade Ridley who is on a rookie deal for up to 4 more years.

Another one I have been thinking about is Michael Thomas from NO. Probably won’t let him go either but needs a new deal and Cap all tied up by Drew. 

17 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea definitely. This shows me they know what they need to do. And they were willing to give up the most for Brown, it appears. Sticking point seemed to be the salary.

The guaranteed money paired with his risk of poor behavior, not needing football, etc. I think they would pay it to Julio. Jmo 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Justdafacts said:

No this trade is proof Beane is out of his depth. AB went for a 3rd and a 5th. Beane offered to swap 1st and a 3rd for a player who must be traded. He's only here because he's friends with McDermott.

Says you and a "few" others!

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That would be great. I’m not sure if that gets it done, though. They don’t have a reason to trade him but they could improve the team overall if they did. They aren’t a contender right now with that roster. 

40 plus we swap 1sts?

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

What? What the ***** are you talking about?? 

IMO, this team needs to address the O-line and D-line deficiencies before any talk of paying the price needed to land a WR like Jones.   That kind of trade would be a repeat of the Sammy Watkins at four fiasco, absent the core line problems being fixed...

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The guaranteed money paired with his risk of poor behavior, not needing football, etc. I think they would pay it to Julio. Jmo 

Same, and he’s a year younger. Not that that’s massive but it is part of the equation. I don’t think they’d have any problem taking on a contract of OBJ or Evans size either. They know they have Josh on the cheap for 4 more years this is when you can splurge, look at the Rams.