Would you want the Bills to trade a high pick for Julio Jones and make him the highest paid WR?

I say NO , 

I say spend the money ( free agency) on OL  , get TE ,  if possible trade down draft a WR and a TE  , if not take a BPA at 9  and can still get a good WR in the 2nd  , 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So we now know the Bills are willing to take a big swing on trading for a big time WR. The next two primo WRs who are ready to get paid (i.e. their teams need to determine if they are going to break the bank) are Julio Jones and Michael Thomas. I don’t think Thomas is an option because if the Saints can’t come to an agreement they can tag him next year. The Saints are also an immediate contender with a small window and won’t want to mess with Brees’ favorite target. 

Julio on the other hand wants a new contract and the Falcons are in a weird spot. Matt Ryan has a gigantic deal and the team hasn’t been good since they went to the SB. They also drafted a WR in the 1st last year. The trade comp would be higher than it would have been for AB because the Steelers had  no leverage and he clearly tanked his value. Julio’s value is higher. So you are probably looking at a 1st. Let’s say we get Julio and a 4th from Atlanta for pick 9. But we also then need to make him the highest paid WR and beat the 30 mill gtd over the next 3 years that AB just got, total contract max 54 mill. 

He just turned 30 last month. Do you do it? 

No. I wouldn't be willing to give up a first round pick for him, and then make him the highest paid receiver. His age is a factor (not a disqualifying factor) but I don't think his talents would be as maximized as they were with Atlanta and Matt Ryan as his qb. Would I consider a trade deal for a second round pick? Yes. But I wouldn't be receptive to a first round pick unless the deal included a second round return for him. 

I would rather concentrate on rebuilding the OL and adding good second tier receivers. Getting a good TE from the draft,  market or trade would also help to put Josh in a better position to succeed. Making Julio Jones the highest paid receiver on this roster doesn't seem to be the best way to distribute your cap money. 

20 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's "not a fineable offense"? Yeah, which offenses are fineable? I've yet to be charged a penny for anything here.

And yeah, a link to a rumor is not proof of anything. On the other hand, a link to a journalist with a source has some value.

But an inability to link to anything ....

People's opinions here are worth as much as LaCanfora? Yeah, um, right.

When people on here say they have facts and can't back it up and that goes on and on it all becomes a game of chinese whispers. Don't back up your rumor and you won't be believed, and reasonably so. Don't have anything to back it up? Own that. It raises the level of the discussions here vastly when things are backed up with links.

If you don't like the fact that proof of a take isn't linked just tell the poster.   

Nobody says you have to believe anything.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um......

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

He's a mod. And he's right, you're in the wrong here.

If you want your posts believed, back them up. If you can't, they generally won't be believed.

It's not our job to check your (or anyone's) unsubstantiated rumors. "Check it yourself" is a common dodge for people who can't back things up. If I were to check every post where people say that and won't back it up, probably around 20% would turn out to be correct.

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

So you are holding the 20 year failure of the Buffalo Bills organization on the last two years? You are all over it and the fan of the year! 

Right on, but facts will never play a role in many posts seen on TBD!

No it's just people like you don't like the facts. There is proof of this being the trade all over Pittsburg. All over Steelers media.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Mike Evans is my newest Trade TGT. 

Just signed a new contract last year though but again TB in the start of yet another rebuild. 

I can’t see them moving on from him. They kept the QB, the GM is still there, he’s signed and young and Arians loves to throw the ball.

obviously a younger #1 quality proven WR like him or OBJ is ideal but I’m trying to be somewhat realistic with who could potentially be available. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nope. It only set the market for a WR who quit on his team, didn’t show up for meetings, and publically trashed his QB and GM not to mention various off field stuff.  Most importantly one who is  coming from a team with zero leverage in negotiations where the other team knows they need to get rid of him and had few options. Very different situation here.

Where did you see what he offered? I’ve only seen speculation so far. 

I added a "to some extent" tag. And also had comp at two 3's...There is no way I do a deal for a 30-yr-old WR that involves a 1st or 2nd rounder. 

1 minute ago, Justdafacts said:

No it's just people like you don't like the facts. There is proof of this being the trade all over Pittsburg. All over Steelers media.

No kidding, man you are all over it! Not disputing the trade attempt - kind of known by all - but dispute the attempt at integrating insider information cited without sourcing that attempts to make Beane look like a fool because you want something and want it now!

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t see them moving on from him. They kept the QB, the GM is still there, he’s signed and young and Arians loves to throw the ball.

obviously a younger #1 quality proven WR like him or OBJ is ideal but I’m trying to be somewhat realistic with who could potentially be available. 

He might not be available same with OBJ. But hope Beane made those calls. I would take Julio on as well and put him on a 4 year deal with new money

7 hours ago, Rico said:

Tough call. I was never that big of an AB fan even before all the drama, but I would love to have Julio. I’d have to agree with Barbarian, we’re at least a year away from making this kind of a move.

A year away, maybe.  But if they wait to make a move like this next year, there may not be the opportunity to do so.  I’d rather do the deal this year than wait and potentially not have a deal to do next year.  That being said, I’d offer next year’s #1, or maybe swap this year’s #1s and give them our #2 — get a 4th or 5th back.  The 9th pick is really a lot to give.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wouldn’t get completely out of the 1st. If you can get a deal like Pitt gave for AB. Swap of 1st for Jones then we are talking. 

Bills get 14 and Jones

Atl gets 9 and toss in a 4th. Maybe flip seconds too. 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

TB moving on from Evans isn’t that far fetched. They are in a bad way cap wise and will have to cut some players anyways and they only have 6 draft picks this year. A lot of work to be done there in TB, couldn’t hurt to inquire what it would take.