General News Ticker: Free Agency/Trade Rumors, speculation, and general information

17 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Well, the real day is a few more. Today is when we start to get some chatter

Oh man, I would say it’s way more than chatter. Last year a bunch of the heavy hitters were settled and just waiting for a pen by the time FA “officially” started. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

DeSean Jackson available for trade, prefers Eagles. He's also good friends with Shady

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26225460/bucs-shopping-desean-wants-philly

Been talked about before in these parts. He's definitely a good fit with Josh, better than any of the FA WR's. 

My only hesitation is cost, he's on a big ticket, plus Foster was effective in the deep threat role in the 2nd half of last season. 

Just now, TOboy said:

Been talked about before in these parts. He's definitely a good fit with Josh, better than any of the FA WR's. 

My only hesitation is cost, he's on a big ticket, plus Foster was effective in the deep threat role in the 2nd half of last season. 

OLD

we don't want OLD. We want young.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/9/2019 at 5:48 PM, whatdrought said:

Man... I hate this calm before the storm. Just make things happen and give me news. It doesn't even have to be Bills news.. Any news will do!

All is quiet on the western front ?

5 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I would like to have dual threats on either side of the field personally, you're probably going to see some 2 deep safety looks which will open stuff up underneath, including the run game. If they go single-high then you have chances to hurt them outside.

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

OLD

we don't want OLD. We want young.

I want good players. The next 2 years are a prime part of the Bills' window. 

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I would like to have dual threats on either side of the field personally, you're probably going to see some 2 deep safety looks which will open stuff up underneath, including the run game. Of they go single-high then you have chances to hurt them outside.

I want good players. The next 2 years are a prime part of the Bills' window. 

2018 season stats
  • REC
    Tied-91st
  • YDS
    35th
  • TD
    Tied-54th
  • AVG

Hoo boy.  Really lit the world on fire there.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

2018 season stats
  • REC
    Tied-91st
  • YDS
    35th
  • TD
    Tied-54th
  • AVG

Hoo boy.  Really lit the world on fire there.

He actually was lighting the world on fire with Fitz, then disappeared with Winslow. Not sure why, but he's still capable of producing. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

DeSean Jackson available for trade, prefers Eagles. He's also good friends with Shady

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26225460/bucs-shopping-desean-wants-philly

He makes sense with Allen, but:

1. Might be a bit redundant with Foster already in place

2. This would mean keeping Shady, which is a mistake IMO

Still a good WR and they can certainly afford him though.

54 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Oh man, I would say it’s way more than chatter. Last year a bunch of the heavy hitters were settled and just waiting for a pen by the time FA “officially” started. 

No today you get deals agreed to, they just get signed on Wednesday. Many big names guys will be signed at noon.

I'm going to be real annoyed at the end of the week when the Jets are waiving around Leveon Bell, Matt Paradis and Anthony Barr while the smoke blowers around here are trying to sell everyone on Donte Moncrief, Spencer Long and Luke Stocker being great fits.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TOboy said:

He actually was lighting the world on fire with Fitz, then disappeared with Winslow. Not sure why, but he's still capable of producing. 

Jameis has been pretty good throwing to Evans, Humphries, and Brate, but for whatever reason, he and DeSean just never got on the same page. Most of Jameis' passes to DeSean were not remotely catchable.

Still, DeSean finished the year as the #25 ranked WR from PFF and his advanced numbers are all pretty good. Tampa had arguably the best receiving corps in the NFL this past season and DeSean was a part of that.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jletha said:

No today you get deals agreed to, they just get signed on Wednesday. Many big names guys will be signed at noon.

Can't help but wonder if this negotiating period will one day lead to a Deandre Jordan type scenario...

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Can't help but wonder if this negotiating period will one day lead to a Deandre Jordan type scenario...

It’s stupid IMO, how the NFL does things. This legal tampering shouldn’t exist. If a deal is done, sign it and make it official. They should just start the league year when the combine starts. Or make it start the day after the Super Bowl. 

6 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm going to be real annoyed at the end of the week when the Jets are waiving around Leveon Bell, Matt Paradis and Anthony Barr while the smoke blowers around here are trying to sell everyone on Donte Moncrief, Spencer Long and Luke Stocker being great fits.

^ this guy :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Very well could happen.. Free agency is tough

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Very well could happen.. Free agency is tough

I rarely advocate for overpaying in free agency. However, this year, I would have wrote Paradis and Williams a blank check. I would have made them the highest paid players in the NFL at their position if that is what it took to get them to Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

I rarely advocate for overpaying in free agency. However, this year, I would have wrote Paradis and Williams a blank check. I would have made them the highest paid players in the NFL at their position if that is what it took to get them to Buffalo. 

I agree to a point. As long as the years and guaranteed money don't pose a problem to getting guys like White, Edmunds, and Allen locked up long term down the road. 

• Like (+1) 2