General News Ticker: Free Agency/Trade Rumors, speculation, and general information

Not sure if there is a place for a thread like this or not, but if the Mods feel it needs to be closed please feel free. I just wanted a central place for non-specific things to be posted. I know we have threads about cuts and about AB and other topics, but there is (unless I missed it) no place for random tidbits that don't deserve their own thread. (such as below) 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jahnyc said:

Pure speculation, but I thought the Bills would go after Barr.  Jets will be tough competition since they also have a lot of cap space.

I have wondered that as well- He seems like the type we would target. The assumption with the Jets is that they're going to recklessly throw money around to make splashes and make sure they get who they want- that's the exact opposite of the Bills mentality so I could see us losing some guys to them. It sucks that our needs are so similar this year. 

I don’t know why everyone thinks Barr is such a perfect fit.  He’d be getting paid 8 mill+ to play less than half 1/2 our defensive plays max.  I personally think Lorax is a better SLB than Barr

• Like (+1) 4

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t know why everyone thinks Barr is such a perfect fit.  He’d be getting paid 8 mill+ to play less than half 1/2 our defensive plays max.  I personally think Lorax is a better SLB than Barr

Agree I would rather sign Donte Fowler he's 24 and in 3yrs has 21 career sks. During the playoffs he added a sk per gm and hurried the QB 4times per gm. 

• Like (+1) 2

I would think the Bills have a sense at this point which free agents are possibilities through informal discussions with agents, including at the combine.  I know this stuff is not supposed to happen before Monday, but I suspect it probably does.  Hoping for Williams at RT, Morse or Paradis at C, one of the top outside LB free agents, and James (TE).

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I would think the Bills have a sense at this point which free agents are possibilities through informal discussions with agents, including at the combine.  I know this stuff is not supposed to happen before Monday, but I suspect it probably does.  Hoping for Williams at RT, Morse or Paradis at C, one of the top outside LB free agents, and James (TE).

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I like it, it gives Josh a chance to hurtle over him twice a year!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Agree I would rather sign Donte Fowler he's 24 and in 3yrs has 21 career sks. During the playoffs he added a sk per gm and hurried the QB 4times per gm. 

He’ll get paid by someone 

Edited by CaptnCoke11

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Not sure if there is a place for a thread like this or not, but if the Mods feel it needs to be closed please feel free. I just wanted a central place for non-specific things to be posted. I know we have threads about cuts and about AB and other topics, but there is (unless I missed it) no place for random tidbits that don't deserve their own thread. (such as below) 

I like the idea for this thread. Helps keep the main page clutter free! 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Terrible fit IMO. The big need defensively is edge rusher, not a pure SAM who's never been a pass rush threat. Not interested. Fowler. Sign me up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

16 sacks in 3 years. 8 of which came in one year. He really hasn’t been very good. 

The only thing he has over Barr is age 

Edited by Stank_Nasty