General News Ticker: Free Agency/Trade Rumors, speculation, and general information

1 minute ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Gotcha. I'm not saying the sky is falling. Just stating the obvious about TODAY. Beane has time to maneuver, but I'd like to see some things get done sooner rather than later. Lots of good players remaining who we're not hearing about.

I mean the Colts haven't signed anyone either so with the most cap space and having a star qb, is there gm losing today to?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Slow down fella....no way either coach or GM are gone until at minimum the end of next year

Slow down, so you think it was 100% necessary to rid the team of talented players and not be able to replace them with at least equally talented players, and that doesn't deserve a hmmmmm, what's going on / what are you doing from the owners?

Psssst, I have some waterfront property in Florida to sell ya!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, pop gun said:

Slow down, so you think it was 100% necessary to rid the team of talented players and not be able to replace them with at least equally talented players, and that doesn't deserve a hmmmmm, what's going on / what are you doing from the owners?

Do please tell me what greatly talented players have been gotten rid of and not replaced? 

Was it Stephon Gilmore who admitted he didn't want to be in buffalo and has been thoroughly replaced by Tre White? 

Was it Ronald Darby who didn't fit our scheme and has played in less than half the games since he left due to being injury prone?

Was it the criminally overpaid Marcell Dareus who recently took a pay cut to stay on a 5 win team? 

Was it Sammy "the decoy" Watkins who has been on two teams since we got rid of him and has averaged 39.5 catches on prolific offenses? 

Was it the two best linemen that we had who both retired for reasons beyond the staffs control? 

Was it our marginally starting QB who got benched last year and is now a Free agent looking for work from the dolphins who just need someone to hold the candle while they tank?

Seriously, I agree that they need to add talent, but the only player that has been let go since McBeane took over whom really was worth anything was Robert Woods. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pop gun said:

You are funny. They released themselves from cap hell and removed players they didn't like. Every new regime does that to some extent. Do you think that plan wasn't discussed by the owners/ McD BEFORE he was hired? Don't be silly. It was a tough pill to swallow for the greater good of the team. The owners were well aware of the plan and were either a) ok with it, or b) encouraged by it. Or McD wouldn't have been hired.

Keep in mind, on the front that we couldn't replace talented players with at least equal talent, we ended the playoff drought in year 1 of McD's tenure. He's earned my trust moving forward...even if I don't understand some of his moves

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

You are funny. They released themselves from cap hell and removed players they didn't like. Every new regime does that to some extent. Do you think that plan wasn't discussed by the owners/ McD BEFORE he was hired? Don't be silly. It was a tough pill to swallow for the greater good of the team. The owners were well aware of the plan and were either a) ok with it, or b) encouraged by it. Or McD wouldn't have been hired.

Keep in mind, on the front that we couldn't replace talented players with at least equal talent, we ended the playoff drought in year 1 of McD's tenure. He's earned my trust moving forward...even if I don't understand some of his moves

Drink some more koolaid sucker!

53 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Slow down fella....no way either coach or GM are gone until at minimum the end of next year

If we don't show massive improvement this next season I can 100% see this regime getting shown the door

Every other team made a massive jump in year 2 after they got their rookie QB. Why would Beane/Mcdermott get a pass? We need to be at least fighting for a playoff spot in December. anything less and that's a massive failure. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Pats lost some real talent today.

They usually do and manage, but it’s not as sustainable as it used to be.

They've gone to 3 straight Super Bowls, won 2 and barely lost the 3rd.  Don't give me the "not sustainable" BS.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

If we don't show massive improvement this next season I can 100% see this regime getting shown the door

Every other team made a massive jump in year 2 after they got their rookie QB. Why would Beane/Mcdermott get a pass? We need to be at least fighting for a playoff spot in December. anything less and that's a massive failure. 

This regime will survive the duration of its contract. Hopefully beyond. Don't get me wrong, we Definately need to improve. But it took 2 years just to be in position to rebuild successfully. IMO the clock starts now. We shall see.

BTW...who are the "every other teams" that had a "massive" improvement in a QB's sophomore year that you speak of?

Edited by BuffAlone

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

They've gone to 3 straight Super Bowls, won 2 and barely lost the 3rd.  Don't give me the "not sustainable" BS.

This past year felt like a lifetime achievement award or something.  The Pats did  nothing spectacular or even great.  Other teams just didn’t step up.

They’re getting by on little more than aura at this point.  

54 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

I mean the Colts haven't signed anyone either so with the most cap space and having a star qb, is there gm losing today to?

If we're being honest here, the Colts have far fewer needs than the Bills. It's time to get moving.

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

This regime will survive the duration of its contract. Hopefully beyond. Don't get me wrong, we Definately need to improve. But it took 2 years just to be in position to rebuild successfully. IMO the clock starts now. We shall see

Bull

If that's the case we are in year 3 of being in year 1 of the rebuild.

The last couple of years teams like Philly / Rams have shown how to rebuild.  You find a passable to good rookie QB and you spend freely and aggressively to surround him with the maximum amount of talent.  Big targets are popping off left and right, if we strike out this year we are sunk through year 2 of Allen's cheap contract.  Time is ticking hard, this bull about a brain trust getting 5 years to slowly turn things around is exactly that, bull.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

This regime will survive the duration of its contract. Hopefully beyond. Don't get me wrong, we Definately need to improve. But it took 2 years just to be in position to rebuild successfully. IMO the clock starts now. We shall see.

BTW...who are the "every other teams" that had a "massive" improvement in a QB's sophomore year that you speak of?

Rams. Bears. Eagles. Was this a serious question?

• Like (+1) 2