General News Ticker: Free Agency/Trade Rumors, speculation, and general information

Wisniewski played very well during their superbowl win...he might be at cheap option at guard.

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

I wonder if this changes Humphries at all ?. Do the Buccaneers try to keep him. 

Possible... Different kinds of recievers, so if they were willing to let him go before it might not change unless the money is there now. 

Edited by whatdrought

Prediction: This offseason is going to be a slap back down to reality for a lot of Bills fans who don't realize that this team and city are one of the last destinations players want to move to

Beane has A LOT of work to do in the next few months. 

11 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Don’t they have to pay money to the NFLPA if they don’t spend a certain amount this year? So it’s basically spend it on a player or give it away. 

I don't think this would ever apply.  We were over the base cap of 177 last year - isn't it 89% over a 4 year period?  I also thought it was cap spending as in - spending to the cap minimium, not adding in the previous years cap space.  Dead money counts too.

1 minute ago, XABI64 said:

Prediction: This offseason is going to be a slap back down to reality for a lot of Bills fans who don't realize that this team and city are one of the last destinations players want to move to

Welcome? I guess...

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, XABI64 said:

Yup, this complete teardown was unnecessary and if they don't sign top guys to fill the holes they themselves created the writing could and should be on the wall.

1 minute ago, pop gun said:

Yup, this complete teardown was unnecessary and if they don't sign top guys to fill the holes they themselves created the writing could and should be on the wall.

Slow down fella....no way either coach or GM are gone until at minimum the end of next year

I don't think anyone is laughing at the Bills for signing Gore. There is some legitimacy to the mockery when we're sitting on 80 mil in cap space and he's the marquee signing.

I'll let this whole thing play out, but TODAY has not been productive.

Just now, BillsSB2020 said:

I don't think anyone is laughing at the Bills for signing Gore. There is some legitimacy to the mockery when we're sitting on 80 mil in cap space and he's the marquee signing.

First does not = Biggest or brightest. 

Aside from Foles and maybe Flowers, most of the guys who have signed today are lesser players whose agents are working overtime. We're fine. 

7 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

I think we've known this for about 20 years now

Just now, whatdrought said:

First does not = Biggest or brightest. 

Aside from Foles and maybe Flowers, most of the guys who have signed today are lesser players whose agents are working overtime. We're fine. 

Gotcha. I'm not saying the sky is falling. Just stating the obvious about TODAY. Beane has time to maneuver, but I'd like to see some things get done sooner rather than later. Lots of good players remaining who we're not hearing about.

3 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

It's legal tampering - you can't even host players yet.