General News Ticker: Free Agency/Trade Rumors, speculation, and general information

Getting upset two days before actual opening of signings is a useless waste of energy.  Couple years ago people were upset about only signing Hyde and Poyer and that worked out pretty well.

They know they need upgrades on the O line and at TE ands WR.  It would be beyond dumb to think they have no plans to address those.

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I liked Jesse James a lot, but if he got more than 5 or 6 million a year I am glad the Bills werent players.   Try and keep in mind there is a reason these guys are available.

And please save me the poor us no one wants to come here stuff.  Last time I looked Cleveland, Detroit, and Pittsburgh weren't hot spots.  Baltimore has a methadone clinic on every block for God's Sake.

I agree with this. Beene, to his credit, looks for value in FA. That means that we don't get the high dollar guys but it also means that we don't get contracts that we regret. But it makes you feel helpless as a fan.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

I agree with this. Beene, to his credit, looks for value in FA. That means that we don't get the high dollar guys but it also means that we don't get contracts that we regret. But it makes you feel helpless as a fan.

It can.  I think more than anything we just want news on the team.   We want something fun to talk about.  I know I get that way.  I was excited about today, but long term I think this has always been there plan.  I am glad they didnt overpay for the couple guys the Lions signed.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Strange infatuation with over-the-hill RBs

I think it has more to do with leadership and what the players bring to the team.  But, they really dont need 3 guys who are 30 years and older.

35 years old, wow.  Maybe they signed him to show Shady how the race to 12k works?

Edited by thenorthremembers

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think it has more to do with leadership and what the players bring to the team.  But, they really dont need 3 guys who are 30 years and older.

35 years old, wow.  Maybe they signed him to show Shady how the race to 12k works?

I mean - Ivory will be released.  That is like a 100% certainty.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

It's 2 million dollars. That's practically free by NFL standards. Doesn't even put a dent in the cap space and he had a pretty good year last year. It's a low-risk move. I like it.

Problem is, it’s a low-risk no reward move. You aren’t getting a game breaking back, nor one that can develop into a game breaking back. Would have rather spent league minimum on an UDFA RB. 

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Problem is, it’s a low-risk no reward move. You aren’t getting a game breaking back, nor one that can develop into a game breaking back. Would have rather spent league minimum on an UDFA RB. 

League minimum for a UDFA back is about 500K.  Thats 1.5 mil in cap savings - and rookies usually suck at blocking... playbooks... etc.  They aren't prepared to carry the load in case of injury etc.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
21 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

It's day 1...They'll be fine...

On Paridas...As it's been said here for a while...based on the injuries and the final price tag Mitch Morse may be a better value anyway...

Not sure where the Bills are with Morse...but just saying...?

It may be day 1 but we need to get at least 2 top lineman and they won't last long.  If we don't it's going to be another brutal year.