General News Ticker: Free Agency/Trade Rumors, speculation, and general information

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

What's the best twitter account for unsubstantiated rumors? I need to ride this high...

Incarcerated Bob throws a lot of poo at the wall. He is usually good for a bunch of those. Not sure if any are Bills related atm though. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

According to @mortreport, the #Raiders will probably not sign former #Steelers RB @LeVeonBell because they don't have enough real cash [not a salary cap issue]

Morons! Mark Davis is in so far over his head. When your only asset is a currently homeless NFL team, and that is the thing you were trying to prop up, I can only imagine that creates an issue

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Why do they do the tampering period again? Who benefits from this? Why not make FA sooner? 

Because this way they can say they have a period of time before FA where they can talk before signing, move FA ahead and it wont do anything except move the date ahead, which is always the start of the 'NFL business year'

The idea behind this time is to allow players to test the market before FA begins.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Because this way they can say they have a period of time before FA where they can talk before signing, move FA ahead and it wont do anything except move the date ahead, which is always the start of the 'NFL business year'

The idea behind this time is to allow players to test the market before FA begins.

I guess it just doesn't make sense to me when looking at the grand scheme of it... It just seems like a arbitrary distinction. 

I suppose it could be to prevent the appearance of tampering when players sign massive contracts at 4:01 on the first day of the new league year... 

Just now, njbuff said:

Call me crazy, but I think ODB would be ok here.

He will have a QB that can get him the ball 60 yards down field.

But, this won't happen anyways.

I think the cost would be astronomical considering his age and production. I do think he would come here though. I would also bet money the Bills have at least called the Giants about him. 

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Call me crazy, but I think ODB would be ok here.

He will have a QB that can get him the ball 60 yards down field.

But, this won't happen anyways.

Am I allowed to hate him if he comes here? Cause short of the frosted tips getting gone, I hate him. 

Just now, Bills2ref said:

I think the cost would be astronomical considering his age and production. I do think he would come here though. I would also bet money the Bills have at least called the Giants about him. 

The cost would be the 9th overall, nothing more, nothing less.

Would you wanna give up the 9th overall for Beckham?

Just now, njbuff said:

You will love him if he comes here.

?

I will love his production (if there is any) if he comes here. I will still hate the player. I am passionate enough in my hatred of some people that playing for the Bills does not erase it. I am content in my duplicity in rooting for them while also hating them. My evidence of such is the Rex Ryan era.