General News Ticker: Free Agency/Trade Rumors, speculation, and general information

The type of player OBD likes and an under the radar Edge Rusher / Lorax long term replacement is Shaquil Barrett from Broncos.  Bradley Chubb ate up his snaps last year but he has some solid numbers from the edge. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarrSh00.htm

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/2019-nfl-free-agency-profile-shaquil-barrett

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

When are tea,s going to realize that Brady's super quick release makes olinemen look better than they are? The Raiders are going to regret that contract by mid year for sure. 

Definitely. He has next to no chance of living up to that deal. Ironically his deal just eclipsed Nate Solder, another Brady product. 

13 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The question that I have is, where is this weather that you are referring to? Bay area, Sacramento, Las Vegas in two seasons? The Raiders are ridiculous. Can’t afford Mack, but AB and Trent Brown?!

It's all perfectly defensible (though Brown is almost certainly overpaid even if he is pretty good). They turned Mack into multiple first round picks and more, and turned a 3rd and a 5th into arguably the best WR in the league and signed a good LT without giving up anything beyond the opportunity cost.

I'm told there have been some level of discussions within the #Bills on impending FA DE Trey Flowers. Gathering of opinions, was the tone conveyed at this point. Other potential targets that peaked interest in similar discussions, are mired in a tag situation.

Denver officially picked up the option on WR Emanuel Sanders today.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I'm told there have been some level of discussions within the #Bills on impending FA DE Trey Flowers. Gathering of opinions, was the tone conveyed at this point. Other potential targets that peaked interest in similar discussions, are mired in a tag situation.

Wouldnt be a fan of this move.   He is a good player but not a great natural pass rusher.   Would rather them go get Preston Smith for a little less money.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Wouldnt be a fan of this move.   He is a good player but not a great natural pass rusher.   Would rather them go get Preston Smith for a little less money.

He would cost a ton of money. But it has to go somewhere. If the Bills get turned down by Morse/Paradis and Williams then I would be a fan of over paying Flowers. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Preston Smith looks like Trent Murphy 2.0. ?

My point is, I dont want the Bills to break the bank for Flowers when he has never had more than 8 sacks in a season.  Preston Smith's production is far off of what the Patriots got from Flower's but he will make a lot less.  Ideally they would draft someone at Defensive End.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Denver officially picked up the option on WR Emanuel Sanders today.

Probably should have had these discussions a little earlier? By the time they figure out if he is worth going after, he will have a deal in place with someone else......

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Why do they do the tampering period again? Who benefits from this? Why not make FA sooner? 

The NFL benefits. Keeps them in the news for a longer period during the off season.