General News Ticker: Free Agency/Trade Rumors, speculation, and general information

Plenty of rumors that the Bills have interest in certain free agents on the offensive side, but I have not seen many rumors of specific defensive players that the Bills may be interested in.  I would expect that we sign at least a couple of players on defense as well, but maybe not in the first wave.  At a minimum, could certainly use another outside linebacker and a defensive tackle.

7 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Plenty of rumors that the Bills have interest in certain free agents on the offensive side, but I have not seen many rumors of specific defensive players that the Bills may be interested in.  I would expect that we sign at least a couple of players on defense as well, but maybe not in the first wave.  At a minimum, could certainly use another outside linebacker and a defensive tackle.

It's also a great year to draft a DT, and not a terrible year for LB either. 

I think you're right though, McD is always looking to add to his D. 

2 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I think we dabble in the tackle market, but there are not too many great 3 techs. Sheldon Richardson is probably the only one and I am not sure we go down that road. Corey Liuget makes some sense. Christian Covington is an interesting guy as well, but he has not shown much pass rush ability. He might be more of a 3-4 player. I think our 3 tech come sin the draft or a trade from a team flipping to a 3-4. I think we will grab a corner somewhere, an Eric Rowe type and possibly a depth outside linebacker for special teams like David Mayo. 

35 minutes ago, jletha said:

No today you get deals agreed to, they just get signed on Wednesday. Many big names guys will be signed at noon.

right... that's exactly what i'm saying. deals will be settled today. they'll be waiting with a pen to sign on wed.

Giants re-signed Jon Halapio and extended Spencer Pulley. They will compete for the starting center position. So the good news is that this takes a center needy team out of the running, the bad news is that they can now devote most of their attention to right tackle. 

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

OLD

we don't want OLD. We want young.

We want some damn wins.  Can he play?  Is so, that's all that matters.  Rosters change yearly.  Signing a vet does not preclude getting a young player as well.  Plenty of young players on the Bills folks complain about daily.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, purple haze said:

We want some damn wins.  Can he play?  Is so, that's all that matters.  Rosters change yearly.  Signing a vet does not preclude getting a young player as well.  Plenty of young players on the Bills folks complain about daily.

Hm. So his 700 yards (about what, 45 yards a game) is gonna bring wins? Come on man.

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

I rarely advocate for overpaying in free agency. However, this year, I would have wrote Paradis and Williams a blank check. I would have made them the highest paid players in the NFL at their position if that is what it took to get them to Buffalo. 

that's the whole point of having our cap space right. We have the luxury to overpay on shorter contracts or just front loaded contracts so we're still in good position to re-sign our Milano / Tre White class.

I don't see why we shouldn't overpay.. especially in this FA class when the Milano / Tre White contracts are only getting older.. now's the time to do it if ever. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, zevo said:

Why would we need to do that

They wouldn't. Being a FA. Silly me. But, could see them moving shaq

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:
Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL 1m1 minute ago
Jets are very interested in LB Kwon Alexander.

According to Mike Garafolo, the #Bills have interest in RB Frank Gore.

Yuck. Please no to Gore

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:
Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL 1m1 minute ago
Jets are very interested in LB Kwon Alexander.

According to Mike Garafolo, the #Bills have interest in RB Frank Gore.

How does Frank Gore fit on this team at all? Who is being cut?

Take it with a grain of salt, but 'The Score' here in Canada just listed some of their predictions for FA this year and it included

- Rosen to the Pat's for #32

- Colts (a playoff team with around $100mil in cap room to spend) sign 3 of the top FAs

- Texans (a playoff team with around the 4th most money to spend in FA) spend the most

- Jets strike out signing any of the big FAs and instead focus on trading back in the draft.